1.    #1  
    Toysoft released a new app called voicecall. Does a variety of different voice commands. It can even make the Treo 650 camera take a picture or start video recording. The voice recognition has been dead on so far, and even if its not, there is a mic sensitivity adjuster. Anyway, so far so sweet. I went ahead and registered, because the demo has a limit of 3 voice commands. I just wish it had more button options for activation.

http://www.toysoft.ca/voicecall.html
    How much space (RAM) does it take up? How much? Thanks!
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino
    How much space (RAM) does it take up? How much? Thanks!
    According to their web page, 200K. The following 5 files must be installed in main memory:

VoiceCall.prc
    VoiceDialer_US.prc
    VoiceLib.prc
    VoiceLibSupport.prc
    VoiceLibFilter.prc

(I haven't tried this yet. I'm just passing along an answer to your question.)
    So far pretty sweet..
  5.    #5  
    Takes up a lot more than 200k, more like 400k to start, and the more voice commands you add, the larger it gets.
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson
    Takes up a lot more than 200k, more like 400k to start, and the more voice commands you add, the larger it gets.

the voice file is optional. each command takes about 8k or so and it could add up if you have 100's of voice commands.
    Thanks for the info, folks. This sounds like a good app, especially the camera/taking pictures via voice, awesome!
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter