1.    #2  
    I just bought this AX2. It's charging now and I've got 8 hours to go. I'll post back and let you know how it works with the Treo 650.
    Saw it for sale yesterday at Comp USA while I was picking up my Jabra 640.

I tried a Nextlink years ago but had real problems getting it to stay in my ear properly. I'd hit a bump in the road while driving and it would fall out.
  3.    #4  
    Are you sure it was an AX2 and not the AX? I thought CompUSA only has the AX at the moment. I got my AX2 at a Radio Shack.

Jabra 640? Do you mean Plantronics Discovery 640? How do you like it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko
    Are you sure it was an AX2 and not the AX? I thought CompUSA only has the AX for now. I got my AX2 at a Radio Shack.
    It very well may have been. I didn't pay super close attention. It was behind the counter in the locked case they pulled my 640 from.
  5.    #6  
    How do you like your 640 so far?
    I've only made a few calls with it so far. Some have been a little on the staticy side which is cause for concern.

The size is great. It's tiny. It's by far the most comfortable headset I've tried. Most end up hurting my ear after a while.
  7.    #8  
    I'm very disappointed. The AX2 had lots of static with my Verizon Treo 650. I don't think it's the fault of the AX2 - I think it's the Treo's fault - weak BT implementation.

The AX2 is going back to the store. I'll be going back to my wired ear bud.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    I have the original AX... actually I returned it for a replacement only after a couple of weeks due to poor battery life and static. No improvement with the replacement, but I rarely use it as it captures a lot of background noise and with my already low 650 bluetooth volume, it's not much use to me...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
  9.    #10  
    The sound quality is comparable to Thomas Edison's first audio device invented in 1877...

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/edison/...aryhadlamb.mp3
    As a refresher, the best headset for our Treo 650 with the messed up BT is the SE HBH-660/662 and the Palm Treo BT Headset. Every other one has some sort of problems when used with the Treo. It doesnt mean they are bad Headsets, just that the Treo's BT is caput!!
    David
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I purchased one about a week ago. Great connecting time for incoming and out going calls on the 650. Some static on receiving side if AX2 is not in line of site of the 650 but not unacceptable. Easiest way of minimizing static if your are talking with your phone in a holster is to keep the AX2 and the phone on the same side of your body.

However I dropped the AX2 today and the all-in-one button in the center stopped functioning. The AX2 will have to be replaced.

I have used several others including Palm's and this is probably the most comfortable. Volume is good too so for now it is a keeper.
    FWIW - I've been shopping for a bluetooth headset for my daughter as a Christmas present. I picked up a Bluespoon AX2 at Radio Shack. I put it on the charger so it would be charged when she opened it and so I could play - er - test it

Seemed to work well enough and sounded good. Did not range test it though.

One thing that I noticed is that some of the 'jelly' earcups from an old jabra wired headset fit the bluespoon well and let you insert it into your ear without the funky little retainer spring that comes with the Bluespoon. I wonder why thsy didin't thing of doing something similar....

I'll let you all know how she likes it (it's for her V551, but seems to work with my Treo650 fine).

Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko
    I'm very disappointed. The AX2 had lots of static with my Verizon Treo 650. I don't think it's the fault of the AX2 - I think it's the Treo's fault - weak BT implementation.

The AX2 is going back to the store. I'll be going back to my wired ear bud.

Thanks Gekko. I was looking about getting one these via ebay (can find them for ~65-70 bucks right now), but I think I pass on it now...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Bluespoon AX2 has way too much static for me. It's going back to Radio Shack. Neat device.........but not worth what you're getting. My 2 cents worth.
    Static really? Crud! I bought one for my Daughter for Christmas. I charged it fully so she could use it immediately and even tried it out on a few calls. Seemed to work great with good range. Didn't notice any static. Did it develope over time or was it immediately noticable? You don't happen to be using it around a wifi router or hotspot do you?

Thanks for the feedback.

Steve
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I tried this over, again, when i got into my car last night AND IT WORKED GREAT! Perhaps it was something here at work that was affecting it.

But anyway, all the way home (20 miles) with the Treo 650 by my side, I was told that my audio did NOT have any static NOR could I hear any on the other end. Maybe I spoke too soon!

I sure love how small this thing is, instead of one of those with the 'big' boomer mics that stick out a ways. Just my 2 cents worth of course....
    You may have some interference with a wifi network at your work. Just a guess though.

Thanks for the update. Maybe there is hope?

Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by snowball
    I tried this over, again, when i got into my car last night AND IT WORKED GREAT! Perhaps it was something here at work that was affecting it.

But anyway, all the way home (20 miles) with the Treo 650 by my side, I was told that my audio did NOT have any static NOR could I hear any on the other end. Maybe I spoke too soon!

I sure love how small this thing is, instead of one of those with the 'big' boomer mics that stick out a ways. Just my 2 cents worth of course....
    Hey snowball, will you call into your voicemail and leave me a message using this headset? Turn your vents on in the car and aim em at your head too. LOL I always have trouble being heard when my AC is on or there's the least bit of wind blowing... PM me for my number.
    Thanks!
    Bek
    Ok so I bought a BlueSpoon AX2. I love it. It's mic is a bit sensitive, but I'm going to find someone's post about modifying it - it works very well and its so light and stays in place well - I forgot I had it on. I don't have static or echoes, but I was in a pretty controlled, still, quiet environment for my first few calls. I mainly use it for while I'm driving or with clients in the salon (yes, they all think I'm a geek.) - and not for talking while walking outside or while other people are around (I hate the confusion they get when they see me talking to 'no one'... ) Anyway, it was pretty awesome, very clear..but most importantly, it FIT. Yay!

Bek

Quote Originally Posted by snowball