Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I've done searches in 650 Hardware, and 600 Hardware, going back a few pages, and was suprised to not find any post similar to this.

If anybody has the following cradles, could you please comment? or make any other recommendations?

Palm Cradle
    http://store.treocentral.com/content.../6-39--109.htm
    - Looks like uses the same cord that plugs directly into the Treo, but instead plugs into the cradle. Is this correct? Or does it have a USB jack in the back?
    - I understand that you need to use your original power cable for the Treo to charge at the same time. Unfortunately.
    - Personally, I like this one best for cosmetic reasons, but if I have to use the original Palm cable I don't think I'll get it because I'm currently having intermittent connection issues with it.

Pacific Rim Cradle
    http://store.treocentral.com/content...s/6-39--78.htm
    - Looks ok I guess.
    - Nice that it can be compressed for travel, which can be important in my case.
    - It says that the stand angle can be adjusted. Is it something that might cause the stand to flop down if your tapping on your treo in the cradle?
    - Interestingly, can't be found by clicking "Cradles" on the main shopping page. I found it through another thread.
    - States that it's for the Treo 600. Safe to assume it's fine with the Treo 650??

Pacific Rim Desk Charger Cradle
    http://store.treocentral.com/content.../6-39--354.htm
    - Does it hold the Treo fairly securely? Looks like taping on the screen with it in place will cause it, or with the cradle to topple over.
    - Not hotsync button. Bad bad..

Smartphone Experts Cradle
    http://store.treocentral.com/content.../6-39--353.htm
    - Basic generic "Made in China" design explains the cheapest price of all.
    - Charges and has hotsync button.
    - Looks like it would hold the Treo 650 securely.
    * Personally leaning towards this one for securing the Treo, hotsync button, and standard USB cable.

Anybody have any first hand experience with any of the above, or any other different ones?

Thanks!
    Palm Cradle
    uses the same cord that plugs directly into the Treo, but instead plugs into the cradle
    The standard data cable plugs into the cradle.

you need to use your original power cable for the Treo to charge at the same time.
    Correct.

if I have to use the original Palm cable I don't think I'll get it because I'm currently having intermittent connection issues with it.
    The cradle also comes with its own data cable.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    There is also Innodock cradle http://store.treocentral.com/content.../6-39--329.htm . Its major feature is that it allows "to dock a Treo while in a case".
    Pilot Pro > 2Mb+IrDA upgrade > Clie T615C > Treo 650
    I LOVE the Palm OEM Cradles - I bought two - one for work and one for home. Very solid and great quality. The only downside that I see is that you can't sync in cradle with a case on your Treo.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    My cradle has stopped syncing, I have to wiggle the phone in the cradle. I have talked to 3 people other people who have seen the same, I have to pull out the data cable from the back and connect it that way just to sync. The cradle becomes a cool charging stand now.

Oh...I have the Palm Cradle (made by Palm).
    BenJoe - What's your cradle's version number? (Look on Bottom). I heard that some of the older versions had problems.

Mine are marked as "REV B 0529" and have been working flawlessly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko
    I LOVE the Palm OEM Cradles - I bought two - one for work and one for home. Very solid and great quality. The only downside that I see is that you can't sync in cradle with a case on your Treo.
    Do you know if that's true for the silicone cases as well? I just ordered the OEM cradle from Buy.com and never even thought that the phone may not fit with the skintight case...
    dsl - i know of no case that fits on the Palm OEM Cradle. if you can find one, let me know.

i emailed speck and the speck clones as wll as many other manufacturers (sena, etc.) and they all said no go.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeD
    Pacific Rim Cradle
    http://store.treocentral.com/content...s/6-39--78.htm
    - Looks ok I guess.
    - Nice that it can be compressed for travel, which can be important in my case.
    - It says that the stand angle can be adjusted. Is it something that might cause the stand to flop down if your tapping on your treo in the cradle?
    - Interestingly, can't be found by clicking "Cradles" on the main shopping page. I found it through another thread.
    - States that it's for the Treo 600. Safe to assume it's fine with the Treo 650??
    The Treo 600 and Treo 650 have different connectors... This cradle will not work on the Treo 650.

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    dsl - i know of no case that fits on the Palm OEM Cradle. if you can find one, let me know.

i emailed speck and the speck clones as wll as many other manufacturers (sena, etc.) and they all said no go.
    Look right above your first post; SudD mentioned the Innodock does charge the phone in a case. The photo shows it charging a 650 in a sillocone case, so I've cancelled the OEM cradle I had on order from Buy.com and will look at this one:
    http://store.treocentral.com/conten...s/6-39--329.htm
    like I said - i know of no case that fits on the Palm OEM Cradle.

Good luck with the other Cradle.
    like I said - i know of no case that fits on the Palm OEM Cradle.

Good luck with the other Cradle.
    duh. I misread your post....the Innodock seems to have some decent reviews; think that's the way I'm going to go...
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    My palm OEM cradle has stopped syncing too. Now it will only charge. If/when I get a replacement, I'll be going the USB sync/charge route, since it's one less point of failure for that horrible connector. (the Palm cradle uses it twice - once the for treo itself, and again to connect the cradle body to the cable).
    I just got my first cradle for the 650. I bought the Smartphone Experts Cradle from the store here. While the treo goes in and out without too much difficulty and the sync button is responsive, there are two things I would prefer different:
    -- I would prefer it more angled. It's at something like an 80 degree angle and would be easier to read at something more like 60. Is this a function of the connector?
    --I miss the base weight in the old handspring/treo cradles. They seemed to be made of iron or similar weighted alloy. While this lightness would be more convenient for travel, the weight made it easier to insert and remove the treo singlehandedly. Again this might not be possible with the connector.

How are these addressed in the other cradle options?
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisl
    I just got my first cradle for the 650. I bought the Smartphone Experts Cradle from the store here.
    --I miss the base weight in the old handspring/treo cradles. They seemed to be made of iron or similar weighted alloy. While this lightness would be more convenient for travel, the weight made it easier to insert and remove the treo singlehandedly. Again this might not be possible with the connector.

How are these addressed in the other cradle options?
    Interesting point.

Anybody noticed something similar like this with the Seidio InnoDock Cradle?

I'm starting to lean towards this one.
    IMO, there still is NOO PERFECT Treo cradle out there that fits my needs. What I basically want the Palm OEM cradle (which I own) with audio out jack some other cradles have. But I also want the spare battery charger the OEM has... Thus basically the OEM cradle + audio out jack...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions