1. BJB
    I do NOT like the button-push-sound that you get every time you touch a button, the navigator, etc. So on all my palm devices I have always gone to prefs, system sounds and turned them off.

However, on my 650, if I visit realplayer (or other apps, can't tell for sure), after leaving, the button-push sound is back on. You go to prefs and it says, off, but you have to turn it on, and then off again to make the sounds go away. Needless to say, a little annoying.

I really have not added too much 3rd party stuff yet. Really just phone technician which should not have anything to do with it.

Any tips most appreciated.

BJB
    reconfig
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by BJB
    Any tips most appreciated.
    It is a known bug. Realplayer causes it and I have not read anywhere that there is a fix for it. Get Ptunes. It is more versatile and streams music also via shoutcast.
    I installed Profiles on my 650 and have various profiles configured. When Realplayer turns the keysounds back on, I just reinitialize one of the profiles and that turns the key sounds off again.
  5. BJB
    Thanks...I will have to take a look at Pocket Tunes. If it allows me to store my CD's by CD, in track order, it may be a better solution anyway...

I took a look at Profilecare which looks interesting also.
    However I guess with Realplayer you either have to reset a Profilecare profile or go into Palm Prefs. to reset it.

BJB