1.    #1  
    Wanted to list a probelm I am having with the new version of SnapperMail

I have it set to send Email from one of the accounts I have set up in SnapperMail but it always goes back to the first Email I have on the list

Example

I have 4 email accounts

Email Account 1
    Email Account 2
    Email account 3
    Email Account 4

I have it set to send all my Email from Email account 3 as that is my main Email BUT it always sends it from Email account 1

I change it from account 1 to account 3 and it works correctly BUT when i log out and log back in it is back to Email Account 1 and all my email goes out from that account. I tried deleting account 1 but it just send from account 2 .

This is a bug in mine , wondering if anyone else has this problem . I will send an Email to Snapper .

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm
    Wanted to list a probelm I am having with the new version of SnapperMail

I have it set to send Email from one of the accounts I have set up in SnapperMail but it always goes back to the first Email I have on the list

Example

I have 4 email accounts

Email Account 1
    Email Account 2
    Email account 3
    Email Account 4

I have it set to send all my Email from Email account 3 as that is my main Email BUT it always sends it from Email account 1

I change it from account 1 to account 3 and it works correctly BUT when i log out and log back in it is back to Email Account 1 and all my email goes out from that account. I tried deleting account 1 but it just send from account 2 .

This is a bug in mine , wondering if anyone else has this problem . I will send an Email to Snapper .

Thanks
    Easy but not-so-elegant solution: Set all accounts to use a single SMTP provider. You can still specify who the mailto and from account will be. I use GMail for this.
    David
    I have the same problem and can't get a workable solution from Snapper.
  4.    #4  
    Snapper got back to me and said it is not a bug issue with the new update so I have to delete the entire program and re-install. Basically looing all my email accounts and other stuff. Maybe I will try it this weekend.
    I tried a clean delete and reinstall - made no difference. The problem remained.
    Ii was investigating this scenario, and decided to change my "Default" send account. When I selected the new account to use, the following message appeared:

"When viewing Local Folders new messages will be comprised from this Account. When viewing other Accounts new messages will be composed from the Account in view."

Do you have all your accounts email in one folder, or do you map different accounts to different folders?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by izzideluxe
    I tried a clean delete and reinstall - made no difference. The problem remained.
    Send an Email to Snapper so they know its just not me.

This stinks.
    When I first installed the update, I had two accounts, each set to put mail into distinct folders. I had the problem with Snapper forgetting the default account.

Did a clean delete and install of snapper, set up both accounts again, but did not set up distinct folders (all mail went to the main inbox). Plem remained.

Anybody get a good answer from Jennifer at Snapper about this?
    I think I'm getting close to diagnosis. I went back to the edit accounts screen (Menu/H). My default was back to the original account, even though I had changed it yesterday.

My current theory is that the value is being changed upon the event of a reset.

Here is the screen I see when I make the change: Screen Shot Is anybody else seeing this message?
    I see the same screen - I have no idea what it means though.

I sent an e-mail this morning to Snapper support with a link to this thread.
    Theory updated: You can change the 'Compose new messages with' value, but when you leave the SnapperMail application and return, the value has been changed back. I use for email accounts. It keeps defaulting back to first in the list (alphbetical). This was not the first one that I set up.

I'll send an email to support as well.
  12.    #12  
    I got an email back from Snapper saying it is not a bug and only me. I replied back that it is more than just me and got this reply, not sure if they will do anything to fix the bug but you never know. Not sure what signing up for the yahoo group that announces upgrades does for me?

You can sign up to the "snapperannounce" group on Yahoo Groups.
    We send out SnapperMail release announcements via that group.
    Regarding the problem, your message has been forwarded to our
    engineers for analysis.

--
    Michael M. Rye, Snapperfish Limited Corporation
    Got the same message from Jennifer at Snapper support. They know it's a bug and they are working on a fix.

They've always been responsive on stuff like this - I'm sure they will again.
    Hi, I've just confirmed this problem. It's only occurring for POP only versions of SnapperMail (so Lite, Standard and Premier). I'm fixing it now and we're about to release another update before the end of this week.

Thanks,

Stuart Nicholson
    www.snappermail.com
  15.    #15  
    New version is on there web site to download . Should fix this problem.
    I will try it out. What a responsive company. Excellent customer service here.