1.    #1  
    IMHO, the most annoying thing about the treo UI is the following scenario

1) You are performing a task
    2) The Auto off kicks in and the screen goes dim
    3) You power back on and you get the dial pad screen
    4) You have to navigate all the way back to your web page or your app in order to continue the task

Is there a hack or 3rd party app that will return you to the previously viewed screen after you power back on?
    Try the "Push The Red Phone (also known as the On/Off) Key" hack
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    When I "push the red phone key" it usually takes me back to the launcher.

If the auto-off happened a very short time ago, it will go back to the last screen displayed (last application).

I would also like a solution to this.
  4.    #4  
    Are you always so obnoxious? Your suggestion is also useless. Try it yourself.
    PaulSu

This is not normal behaviour, one of your apps or settings must be causing this. Most Treo incl. mine (& probably Insertion's) do exactly as that - turn on exactly where they were turned off ....? I had a look but I can't see an obvious setting anywhere, sorry I can't be more specific.
    What?? Either you two have some sort of hacking making the *power key* do something bizarre, or maybe you have some program that switches applications on auto-off, or .... something....

The power key doesn't "launch" anything, it just turns the screen back on. Which means at auto-off (which stays in whatever application), the red power button will just turn the screen back on (which stays in whatever application).

What carrier? Maybe something weird was put in the specific version to return to the phone screen after auto-off, but it's certainly not default behavior. However, if you're turning on the Treo by pushing the green phone button, well... Ponder that for a while.
    pushing red phone button then center button always brings be back to where I left off
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by paulshu
    Are you always so obnoxious? Your suggestion is also useless. Try it yourself.
    Not always. Are you always such a ********?

I use the red phone button all the time for this.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  9.    #9  
    Its a Sprint phone. I've had three. They all perform this way. There's no hack or 3rd party SW at work here.

Are you guys using Sprint phones?
  10.    #10  
    I use the red phone button all the time for this.[/QUOTE]

Yes, that was abundantly clear in your first post. Your sarcasm was unwarranted.
    Quote Originally Posted by paulshu
    I use the red phone button all the time for this.
    Yes, that was abundantly clear in your first post. Your sarcasm was unwarranted.[/QUOTE]
    As was your calling him obnoxious.

Read your manual. You will see that the Treo should behave exactly as Insertion described.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Sprint 1.08. Red power btn works fine to return me to where I was before auto or manual power down. Works whether keyguard is enabled or not.
    Hey, he said "********" Ha! J/K red button works for me, & its a Sprint CDMA.
    Last edited by reverendrhino; 11/11/2005 at 10:28 AM.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    Read your manual. You will see that the Treo should behave exactly as Insertion described.
    I've had 2 Sprint 650s running FW 1.03, 1.08, and 1.12. The red phone button on both worked exactly as Insertion (and the manual) says. Must be either a 3rd-party launcher or defective hardware.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kvcobra
    I've had 2 Sprint 650s running FW 1.03, 1.08, and 1.12. The red phone button on both worked exactly as Insertion (and the manual) says. Must be either a 3rd-party launcher or defective hardware.
    agreed. The red button in my Sprint 650 has always turned the screen on to show where I left off. In all FW versions.
    TheRedButton always takes me to the pr0n screen. How can I change it?

;-)
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    "Try the "Push The Red Phone (also known as the On/Off) Key" hack "

Cool! I didn't realize this was the default behavior. I sort of randomly pushed either the red or green button to turn the phone back on, and I couldn't figure out why my previous program would sometimes come back, and sometimes it wouldn't. Nice.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I just discovered that the behavior I described above was due to running KeySuite.

It has a setting to run KeyToday on power up if the Treo is off more than 10 seconds.