1.    #1  
    Has anyone's Treo (mines Cingular) mysteriously reset when opening an application?

Mine reset whenever I opened Versamail and I found the fix which required deleting some files. I now use Xpressmail instead to avoid future problems.

I thought the headaches were gone but today when I went into messaging and sent a text message, the Treo reset on its own again. I waited for the reboot and went back to messaging and it reset.

Taking a shot in the dark to fix it, I took out the battery, counted to ten and then put the Treo back together. So far, the problems gone away.

Is this inherant with the Treo?
    A well-configured Treo running few, stable 3rd party applications is reset-free for weeks or more.

Make sure you have the latest Cingular firmware.

After a reset, dial the following
    #*377
    That will show you the application that caused the reset. Post the details here and we may be able to offer specific advice..
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  3.    #3  
    It reads, "A crash occurred on 10/28/05 at 9:19 am while running "Messaging": Fatal Exception.
    You may have a corrupt Message database. Try deleting the file "Messages Database" using a utility like FileZ (be careful and don't delete anything else!!).

You'll lose all your SMS/MMS messages.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Please help. It resets within 15 seconds of accessing the application. I looked at the Messages Database file and it had 0k.
    About every 6 months, I have to delete my Versamail message files and start over. They need to build some fault tolerance and repair into that app.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    What is the best way you have found to delete the message file?
    I deleted the Messages database and reset the Treo. It still reboots within 10 seconds of entering Versamail.
    do a search for this. my wifes treo had same prob a while back.

go to home. then menu, delete. then u get a list of files u can delete. there will be one or two odd ones that are the culprit. if ur not sure post a list of them on this thread and we will figure it out. u don't need filez to get to the culprit in my experience