Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    See here for more information (released today).

Just downloaded a trial version. First impressions are that it seems pretty good....
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Off to a great start.... Windows-only EXE installer, and I can't even post on their forums to ask if they're going to offer a zip download.

EDIT: NOW there's a zip.. Mind readers I guess...
    Edge is a beautiful game. I was one of the beta testers and I know that Zane (developer of Edge) worked hard on it to make it run with Treo 650 (with its low RAM)
    nobody is interested in Edge ?
    it plays wonderful on Treo 650.
    Haven't had time to play very much and keep getting killed by the darn spiders trying to find the door to the blacksmith's (very beginning of the game), the hands of my fighter are useless!
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I see it will install to an SD card, I'll check it out.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    I get a timeout trying to visit the website in the first poster's link. Is there an alternate site for this?
    i got it installed and ran it. The graphics and gameplay seem quite impressive, but then it reset my 650.... and left behind a 3mb file in RAM. I'll try it again some other time.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    Seems pretty nice. Only tried playing for a few minutes. There is a setting in preferences to delete the cache file when you leave the game.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Just starting to get to grips with it. Got to level 2 and have a long sword to take care of those creepy spiders! Graphics are good. Only two irritations; first being that you have to wait to load a tiny house when you walk into it and the second is that the controls are a little 'sluggish' for want of a better word.

Seems fairly stable on my Treo considering the size of the game. Still rather impressed by it, I reckon I'll bite the bullet and purchase a registration code.
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnteL0pe
    i got it installed and ran it. The graphics and gameplay seem quite impressive, but then it reset my 650.... and left behind a 3mb file in RAM. I'll try it again some other time.
    How much free RAM do you have on your Treo normally?

I have a fairly hefty 7.2MB. Perhaps this helps.....

I agree with the above comments, the graphics are top notch for a palm game. I didn't get a chance to play it much as it reset my device about 5 minutes in to the games and blew off my preferences. Aside from that and being a HUGE file it looks promising.

TS
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Just registered my demo copy. $24.95 is a little pricey though

Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Haven't had time to play very much and keep getting killed by the darn spiders trying to find the door to the blacksmith's (very beginning of the game), the hands of my fighter are useless!

Where the heck is the blacksmith's shop?
    Quote Originally Posted by onree
    Where the heck is the blacksmith's shop?
    dunno, let me know when you find it.

Apparently it's "across the way" from the potion shop but not sure which way is "across the way". I've tried a few places to no avail, then the spiders end up gettin me

Run luke, run!
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    dunno, let me know when you find it.

Apparently it's "across the way" from the potion shop but not sure which way is "across the way". I've tried a few places to no avail, then the spiders end up gettin me

Run luke, run!
    It's the building opposite the potion shop entrance door. Use the door furthest away from the potion shop on that building.....

going to give it a try
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Just finished the labyrinth quest- good grief that took some patience!

Still pleased with the game. Now at level 9 (Fighter)...

Has anyone had difficulty mapping the hard buttons? I've attempted to change the defaults in preferences, but to no avail.

And the game evidently autosaves when I press the red phone hard button, since it returns to the spot in the game I'd left off at (and there's a SaveGame file in the RAM). But the "X" in the toolbar doesn't work for me.

I've installed in both RAM and my card, but it doesn't make a difference.
    game finished! level 25 elf fighter.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast