Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Seidio’s New Battery Cover with Reset Hole for Treo 650

With Seidio’s New Battery Cover with Reset Hole, there will never be a need for any Treo 650 user to take off the battery cover to reset their device again. This product was developed especially for Treo 650 users who either needed a new battery cover or needed a way to reset their Treo 650 without taking the time it takes to remove the cover, press the reset, and replace the cover. This simple product is all about saving time, energy, and user frustration.

These battery covers will be offered in the Treo colors, as well as a Skinned Version for better grip.

* Totally interchangeable with original battery cover
    * Allows for Device Reset without Removal of Battery Cover
    * Matches Treo 650 colors (both GSM and CDMA models) OR comes with SKIN for better grip

Please contact your Sales Representative or visit our website at www.seidioonline.com for more information on Seidio products.

For more information on this product visit us at http://216.105.61.84/index.asp?PageA...ROD&ProdID=152.

Seidio is a leading manufacturer of accessories for PDAs, Smartphones, and iPods and focuses its development activities on innovative products to enhance the use of such devices. As a global player, Seidio operates in Europe, Asia, and North America.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by seidioseidio; 10/31/2005 at 10:24 PM.
    Is there a picture of the skinned version? Also the skinned version is not available on the Sedio site.
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    Cool. now all I have to do is poke a hole in my Krusell Case... since the hole there already accomplishes nothing!
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by z3bum
    Cool. now all I have to do is poke a hole in my Krusell Case... since the hole there already accomplishes nothing!
    Having a hole in the cover will save you a step even if you have to pull off the case to get to the reset hole. Once the case is off, just poke the hole.

I may consider punching a hole in my EB leather case to give me direct access to the reset button.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Arghhhhh.... still can't actually buy it though!
    I have a stupid question. Does hitting the reset hole cause a soft or hard reset. I always take the battery out for a soft reset as indicated in the manual.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Joe
    I have a stupid question. Does hitting the reset hole cause a soft or hard reset. I always take the battery out for a soft reset as indicated in the manual.
    This performs a soft reset. A hard reset is performed bu holding the power button while pressing the reset button.
    I have a stupider question. Why not just drll a hole in the OEM cover to accomplish the same thing?
    Dunno about the skin version, but a better idea, IMO, would have been to make the cover textured for a better grip. Just a little stipple pattern to the metal (plastic?) material and it would have been a real winner upgrade -- easier to hold onto your Treo with no extra thickness or weight, and nothing to peel off.

The easier-to-reset-your-device design advance doesn't do much for me. I rarely have to reset via the reset hole.
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS
    Dunno about the skin version, but a better idea, IMO, would have been to make the cover textured for a better grip. Just a little stipple pattern to the metal (plastic?) material and it would have been a real winner upgrade -- easier to hold onto your Treo with no extra thickness or weight, and nothing to peel off.

The easier-to-reset-your-device design advance doesn't do much for me. I rarely have to reset via the reset hole.
    People here have done that............

And people have also cracked their cover trying..............
    Somebody....anybody........................Don't let Dr. Doom spill his Kool-Aid on his brand new "perrywinkle" sweater vest!!!
    Does anyone know when this is going to be available?
    Quote Originally Posted by ButtUglyJeff
    People here have done that............

And people have also cracked their cover trying..............
    I don't understand your comment. People have tried what? Tried manufacturing a new battery cover with a stipple pattern in the metal? That's what I was suggesting Seidio do with their design. I don't understand how people in general could have done that...
    I don't understand your comment. People have tried what? Tried manufacturing a new battery cover with a stipple pattern in the metal? That's what I was suggesting Seidio do with their design. I don't understand how people in general could have done that...
    I suspect he meant to quote the "why not drill a hole in the OEM cover" post and grabbed the wrong one by accident.
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by chazglenn3
    I suspect he meant to quote the "why not drill a hole in the OEM cover" post and grabbed the wrong one by accident.
    Ah, of course. Makes perfect sense.

Felt I was in the twilight zone there for a mo...
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee
    Arghhhhh.... still can't actually buy it though!
    You can purchase it later today and we will start shipping on Wednesday or Thursday this week.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    I wonder the percentage of people who actually fork down the $10 for this are doing it because they cracked their current cover.
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Palm IIIxe - Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 -> Palm Vx - Tungsten T3 - Treo 700p
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    You can purchase it later today and we will start shipping on Wednesday or Thursday this week.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    How much later today?????
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3
    How much later today?????
    Sorry for the delay as we just launched a new site. The new site is still www.seidioonline.com. Below is a new link for battery cover:

http://216.105.61.84/index.asp?PageA...ROD&ProdID=152

If you have any questions, please let me know.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Last edited by seidioseidio; 11/01/2005 at 08:38 AM.
    Ment to quote the guy above you. Sorry
    Somebody....anybody........................Don't let Dr. Doom spill his Kool-Aid on his brand new "perrywinkle" sweater vest!!!
    It says on the website for Verizon users to buy the silver cover. Call me crazy but I thought Verizon had the blue treo as well as us sprint users.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast