Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
  1.    #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Well, I just got my Seidio replacement battery cover and it's pretty nice I must say. The only negatives is the tight stylus fit which as already been documented adn the initial tight fit. Removing the cushion fixed the latter issue. The only reason i mentioned the stylus issue is b/c I use the boxwave multistylus pen and I can't get the stylus off without pulling off the top now! But I'll figure something out.
    Seidio offers the pen stylus that is fully compatiable with the battery cover.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Well, I just got my Seidio replacement battery cover and it's pretty nice I must say. The only negatives is the tight stylus fit which as already been documented adn the initial tight fit. Removing the cushion fixed the latter issue. The only reason i mentioned the stylus issue is b/c I use the boxwave multistylus pen and I can't get the stylus off without pulling off the top now! But I'll figure something out.
    I had the same issue with my Boxwave pen/stylus and Seidio battery cover. To address this issue, I purchased the OEM Palm Pen Stylus 3-pack from the Treo Central store. The OEM model has screw on tops, so they will not accidentally pull off leaving the stylus stuck in the silo. Another difference is that the stylus and the pen are located on the same end of the unit. This makes it less convenient to quickly switch between using the pen and using the stylus, but that's not a major concern for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Hi,

Our product developemnt plan is to release the plain battery cover first. IF the battery cover is well accepted and received by the market, we will then move to complete the one with skin.

Since the plain battery cover is well received now(We know this when MisterED said it is perfect), we will then finish the skinned one development. It may take up to 2 weeks from now.

Thank you very much for the interest. I will keep everyone informed.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    I'm confused. You are making a battery cover that has skin on it? Would this fit in the OEM form fit case? Is it going to be available soon so I can get it at a reduced initial price together with the special combo on the extended battery and battery charger?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    I just ordered one of these battery covers. I also just ordered a Sena LeatherSkin case + lateral pouch combo. I don't have experience with leatherworking, but would it be easy to cut a hole in the Sena LeatherSkin case that corresponds with the hole in the Seidio battery cover?
    Well, I got my battery cover today. Initial impression was that it's not as "clean cut" and finished as it should be. The fit was not as flush as the original battery cover. There is a little bit more of a gap along the top edge where the button is to remove the cover and down near the headset side of the Treo where the battery cover's edge meets the body of the Treo. Also, the top edge of the battery cover is kinda chipped just a little bit, but just enought to be noticeable from a couple of feet away when my Treo is laying face down on my desk. There's another chip in the corner right next to where the headset jack is and it looks really messy. I'd like to return it and hopefully exchange it for one that doesn't have all the little chipped edges / corners and that doesn't have a gap along two of the sides.
    Last edited by IsLNdbOi; 12/03/2005 at 08:48 PM.
  6.    #126  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Well, I got my battery cover today. Initial impression was that it's not as "clean cut" and finished as it should be. The fit was not as flush as the original battery cover. There is a little bit more of a gap along the top edge where the button is to remove the cover and down near the headset side of the Treo where the battery cover's edge meets the body of the Treo. Also, the top edge of the battery cover is kinda chipped just a little bit, but just enought to be noticeable from a couple of feet away when my Treo is laying face down on my desk. There's another chip in the corner right next to where the headset jack is and it looks really messy. I'd like to return it and hopefully exchange it for one that doesn't have all the little chipped edges / corners and that doesn't have a gap along two of the sides.

What is your order # ?

David Chang
    dsc@seidio.com
    What is your order # ?

David Chang
    dsc@seidio.com

My order # is: 31238
    I placed the order on November 29.

Edit: Oh and it's the blue one for the Sprint Treo 650.
    Mr. Chang? Any help with this please?
  9.    #129  
    Mr. Chang? Any help with this please?
    Yes, please check your email.

David Chang
    Ok, I finally got around to installing my new battery cover and noticed that the edges on this one are even worse! Where the gap was between the top edge and the battery cover of the first one I received, on this second one, that top edge on the battery cover actually curves down so it looks like there is a gorge on the back of my Treo 650! Also, the center of this replacement for the original replacement, is a little worn out looking like they didn't put as much paint in that area. I'm very disappointed with this.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Thank you very much for the replacement cover David. I got it yesterday and it works and looks great.

Mo
    I also recently got a cover...fits fine

and it gets ride of that annoying squeak the original Palm cover had
    Ok, I finally got around to installing my new battery cover and noticed that the edges on this one are even worse! Where the gap was between the top edge and the battery cover of the first one I received, on this second one, that top edge on the battery cover actually curves down so it looks like there is a gorge on the back of my Treo 650! Also, the center of this replacement for the original replacement, is a little worn out looking like they didn't put as much paint in that area. I'm very disappointed with this.
    Can you help with this Mr. Chang?
  14.    #134  
    Can you help with this Mr. Chang?
    Definetly, Michael, please check with your email.

David Chang
    Got mine a few days ago: it does not squeak, which is good, but fit is not perfect and here is its major flaw: it pushes the leftside plastic strip towards the front (screen) side to the extent that the side button is hard to press, and after several attempts it actually gets stuck, which is really annoying.
    Pilot Pro > 2Mb+IrDA upgrade > Clie T615C > Treo 650
    I purchased one on 11/10 and because of the tight fit the clip on the left side snapped off and I can't use it anymore I called Seidio 3 times this week and nobody answers I leave a message and no one calls back David please help I have purchased many product from your company and for the most part been very happy

Fred
  17.    #137  
    Quote Originally Posted by fkpalm
    I purchased one on 11/10 and because of the tight fit the clip on the left side snapped off and I can't use it anymore I called Seidio 3 times this week and nobody answers I leave a message and no one calls back David please help I have purchased many product from your company and for the most part been very happy

Fred
    I will handle this immediately

Please give me your order #

David
    hi david the order was 30530 customer service called me back this afternoon and gave me an ra # can you send another one and i will send this back

Fred
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Seidio offers the pen stylus that is fully compatiable with the battery cover.
    How so? Did you make it thinner or something than the other 3-in-1 stylus out there that looks identical to that one? I love the cover but this is a pain to not be able to use my stylus anymore.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567