Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    ... modified tooling...
    David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    David, any update on date when the skinned cover will be available?
    Thanks, that would be great. Then I will get my daughter to buy me your new horizontal case/skin combo (when it shows on your website) for Christmas and remove the eGrips.

Hi Ed,

It is good that this battery cover does meet your requirements. It is in black because it just freshly came out from the modified tooling. We have not done the silver painting. Once it is done, I will send you a silver one.

You do not need to send the black one back to me. Just keep it as our apology.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
  3.    #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by JrrInTN
    David, any update on date when the skinned cover will be available?
    Hi,

Our product developemnt plan is to release the plain battery cover first. IF the battery cover is well accepted and received by the market, we will then move to complete the one with skin.

Since the plain battery cover is well received now(We know this when MisterED said it is perfect), we will then finish the skinned one development. It may take up to 2 weeks from now.

Thank you very much for the interest. I will keep everyone informed.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Last edited by seidioseidio; 11/26/2005 at 08:31 AM.
    Will all the people who have already purchased covers now receive the updated version free of charge?
    Does that mean I get a free GPS system for being the official word for the final production of the cover?
    Hi,
    Since the plain battery cover is well received now(We know this when MisterED said it is perfect), we will then finish the skinned one development. It may take up to 2 weeks from now.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    I'm a canuck...canucks need GPS too LOL

but honestly i really cannot wait for my cover...its kinda sad when i can do the reset thing with one hand...but not being able to tell someone how to do it (technology challenged people like my uncle)...but now with this back cover it should be a snap...thats one thing i did like on the treo 600, and exposed reset hole, however of course you had to unscrew the stylus tip. Now to make this the best experience yet...it would be nice to have case producers to have a cut out for the reset hole so that ultimatley you would never have to take it out of the case to reset...nit picking i know, but nice nonetheless. I know some people have done surgery to their cases to do so, but um..my name is Kris with a K, and the K stands for Klutz
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    my name is Kris with a K, and the K stands for Klutz
    Surprise, surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    Surprise, surprise.

MOD ABUSE MOD ABUSE...i need an adult i need an adult
    Excuse me for my igronance but when you say a cover with skin ...Do you mean like a cover with Egrips already on it? Also would the skins match the color of the cover? Thanks.
  10.    #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    Excuse me for my igronance but when you say a cover with skin ...Do you mean like a cover with Egrips already on it? Also would the skins match the color of the cover? Thanks.
    Sorry for the confusion. It is the batery cover with skin already on it.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Sorry for the confusion. It is the batery cover with skin already on it.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Thanks ...That sounds like something I could use..The Treo is extremely slippery...But I don't want a skin for all the phone just the battery cover part..I will wait patiently for some pics, Thanks again. Oh one thing, about this skinned battery cover ...Is it going to fit in the standard holster, the one you put the phone in backwards?
    Last edited by vikingjunior; 11/26/2005 at 11:59 AM.
    Here are pics of a couple of skined battery covers I made for myself.
    I used a pair of my wifes gloves. They were torn, so I didn't have to risk my marriage to do this. I glued the leather to the battery cover using Barge glue, let it dry overnight and trimmed off the excess material the next day. It looked fine and felt good, but was still not as grippy as I wanted. I then made one with the sueded side of the leather exposed and it works much better. It is no longer slippery and it still fits easily into my pouch case.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Will all the people who have already purchased covers now receive the updated version free of charge?
    David,

Still waiting on an answer to this one.
  14.    #114  
    David,

Still waiting on an answer to this one.
    Larry

We have tried both current vrsion and the version we sent to Ed. The difference is hardly noticed. Once we start producing this new version, I will keep you informed.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Sounds good David.

Thanks for the reply.
    Ok, sorry for the dumb question, but the blue one is for the Sprint Treo 650 right? How closely does the blue one match the color of the Sprint Treo 650?
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Ok, sorry for the dumb question, but the blue one is for the Sprint Treo 650 right? How closely does the blue one match the color of the Sprint Treo 650?
    Mine matches perfectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    By being given a product for free in order to report on it (for good or bad) you indeed HAVE been "paid or compensated" (not that it's a big deal, just a semantics issue.) I do understand what you were trying to say though, that you aren't an employee who is just shilling for them. http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...lies/smile.gif
    Meh, semantics I was just trying to be open about the situation. My review still stands and wasnt influenced, the thing rocks.

Also, when the one with the grip comes out, will it be a thin enough grippy thing that the Treo will still fit in the seidio GPS units?
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    I am also curious to know if the skin battery cover will fit in the seidio GPS cradle and the holsters...until I find out all orders are on hold, also waiting on that innodock kit the one with the power splitter. I was going to order the sony ericson HBH 662 tonight to benefit from the 20% off but of course there out of stock...my luck.
    Well, I just got my Seidio replacement battery cover and it's pretty nice I must say. The only negatives is the tight stylus fit which as already been documented adn the initial tight fit. Removing the cushion fixed the latter issue. The only reason i mentioned the stylus issue is b/c I use the boxwave multistylus pen and I can't get the stylus off without pulling off the top now! But I'll figure something out.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast