1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I just got a 650 with Cingular. I used versamail with T5+BTphone before. I set up gmail with it on 650 now, but it is not consistent. So here are my questions, hope some Treo guru could shed some light

1. I asked for the $19 data plan, somehow the retailer got me MediaNet unlimited. Will I be able to get GMAIL. My concern is on port 995 and 587.

2. Xpress mail seems to work fine for a while, but I can't get email sent out. I check all the ports and settings on the xpress mail site. Any other place I should look at?

Thanks in advance
    william
    Xpress mail is a re-direct program, to send email with xpress mail from your treo you need to have the computer running that has xpress mail loaded on it and connected to the internet. I am not a user of gmail, so i can't offer you any help there. Hope this helps.
    Jeff
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > AT&T Tilt > Treo 750 > Treo Pro
    John 16:33
    xpressmail is best used in a corporate enviorment where your email is on a exchange server and neither imap nor OWA is enabled. In this case unless you have a redirector on a desktop behind the firewall like (xpressmail) you have no way to access your email.

For POP accounts like gmail, use a program like Chatter.
    You should be able to get gmail just fine with VersaMail. If you search, there is a thread in this forum that has good instructions. The ports in question are not an issue. Hope this helps.

LG VX9800
    Motorola HS-850
    Linksys USBBT100
    Mobile Crossing BT GPS

(R.I.P.)
    VZW Treo 650
    Treo Side Case
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowdawg54
    Xpress mail is a re-direct program, to send email with xpress mail from your treo you need to have the computer running that has xpress mail loaded on it and connected to the internet. I am not a user of gmail, so i can't offer you any help there. Hope this helps.
    That is true for your primary account but on a Palm device it lets you have up to two alternate accounts (POP's or IMAP's) and they do not use the re-director. So for me I have my Exchange account and my Yahoo and my personal ISP ala netcom so I can send mail out while the laptop is shutdown if needed.
    Hi, William

In case you are not in the position to have a PC running the ExpressMail 24x7, you can also try with www.mcommunitas.com, a vendor that provides true push email and synchronization of calendar, contacts and tasks for individuals (as opposed to Blackberry/Visto/Seven/etc who mainly cater for corporations).

They claim you don't need to install & run anything in your desktop PC or servers. Bad news is that they charge a monthly fee for the service; good news is that it's only $14/month.

Good luck!
    jbori - It sounds like you're shilling for this other company. That's fine in my book, but you should present yourself as a representative, rather than being "anonymous". It just looks bad...

Marc
    what about expressmail's view option. I can access my folders and files in my pc but when I try to view a word document, it says I do not have this funcationality.I could only view text files. How can I view word and excel documents from express mail ???

thanks..
    where can i get the express mail client for the PC?
    you can download it from cingular.com.. let me know if you can view word documents.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3xthreat
    you can download it from cingular.com.. let me know if you can view word documents.
    You can view Word documents and other ones now with the newer 6.5 upgrade if you have a viewer like Docs to Go. Previously you could view Word docs and others however it was a text translation of the document that retained nearly zero formatting.
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileGhost
    You can view Word documents and other ones now with the newer 6.5 upgrade if you have a viewer like Docs to Go. Previously you could view Word docs and others however it was a text translation of the document that retained nearly zero formatting.
    This is true. Now I can read word and excel which is sweet..