Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32
  1.    #1  
    Hi all. Mobi-tv has added a Horror channel and something called Nano tv.
    The Horror channel has a pumpkin icon to coincide with Halloween. I looked at the channel and they had some old horror flick showing. The Nano channel seemed ugly and blocky and I couldn't figure out what they were showing. I'm thinking tech-tv but whatever! I just paid them 10bucks to continue subscription and noticed them. I assume they will be adding more and hopefully cooler channels. I mostly watch MSNBC for breaking news as I did yesterday on the train to New York and the announcement about the withdrawal of Supreme Court nominee, Harriet Miers came across and folk behind me began to gawk and talk of it and all the implications therefrom.
    Anyway, I feel like breaking newsman in and outside my area and kinda like it.
  2. #2  
    I saw the Horror Channel last night while sitting at the drive-thru. Hadn't noticed Nano, must've just been added.

    I spend most of my time on Toon World with some MSNBC, and FoxSports thrown in.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3. #3  
    Unfortunately it looks like neither channel is of much value. I can't even figure out what Nano is all about. Before I tuned in I thought, this can't be an iPod or Apple channel. After I tuned in I thought, this would be better if it were an Apple channel.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I saw the Horror Channel last night while sitting at the drive-thru. Hadn't noticed Nano, must've just been added.

    I spend most of my time on Toon World with some MSNBC, and FoxSports thrown in.
    I kinda like Toon World too. Make sure there are no kids around or they will tackle you for your device! I noticed on the Sprint Network it moves rather fluidly..same as with MSNBC..excellent..at least 15fps.. Hey you said Drive Thru? As in back-in-the-day movie drive-thru?
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo600kings
    I kinda like Toon World too. Make sure there are no kids around or they will tackle you for your device! I noticed on the Sprint Network it moves rather fluidly..same as with MSNBC..excellent..at least 15fps.. Hey you said Drive Thru? As in back-in-the-day movie drive-thru?
    Toon World seems to look the best, at least on my Treo...not so many artifacts.

    and drive-thru as in Carls Jr. (Had four cars ahead of me...)
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  6. #6  
    No new channels via Sprint, but I did notice an NFL Network.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

    My beer blogs:

    Rev. Rhino on Flickr

    Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  7. #7  
    I'm getting Horror and Nano on Sprint.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  8. #8  
    Yeah just got them now, I guess it updated while I was watching the news ch.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

    My beer blogs:

    Rev. Rhino on Flickr

    Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  9.    #9  
    Well, what other channels would you all want to add? You know we balked at not having the ability to run Mobitv when we had the 600 and now we want a thousand channels on the 650! LOL. I find it amusing. I think they covered most pretty well. CNN would be nice. I have been watching Lou Dobbs make sense lately. But all the other fluff they can keep. I mean really!. Furthermore without EVDO and a cleaner MobiTV implementation, you probably won't be seeing anything more racier anytime soon.
  10. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #10  
    You guys make me want to reup my subscription, which I let lapse after my first month. I went through Handmark's site, and not through Sprint's. I went to handmarks site and they don't show either of these channels in their lineup, so I'm assuming you're subscribed through one of the carriers? I went to sprint's info on their mobitv package and they show nothing regarding channel lineups.

    ps (treo600kings - I think you were thinking about drive-"in".)
  11. damigs's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #11  
    Question MobiTV users.. I ended my subscription the first month it came out. Does the video quality still look grainy? I was very disappointed on how it looked and for some the sound was horrible.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo600kings
    Well, what other channels would you all want to add?
    Well from the content MobiTV has on their website, I'd like to have Cartoon Network, G4, and Bloomberg. I'm sure MobiTV would like to offer those to everyone so the hold up must be with the carriers or the companies who own those channels. Beyond that, the actual ESPN would be good and network broadcast channels.

    I'm being patient with them because I am sure they are trying to work out agreements with as many sources as possible.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by damigs
    Question MobiTV users.. I ended my subscription the first month it came out. Does the video quality still look grainy? I was very disappointed on how it looked and for some the sound was horrible.
    I've had MobiTV from the start with Sprint and IMO the quality has increased over time. There is less buffering, even with poor signal strength, and the image is not as grainy/pixelated. I'm watching a White House press conference on MSNBC now and Patrick Fitzgerald's lips are synced with his voice fairly well.
  14. meinken's Avatar
    Posts
    214 Posts
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    #14  
    For those wondering what the Nano-TV channel is, here is their link
    http://www.nano-tv.com/home.asp
    Short movies made for the net
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Meinken
    For those wondering what the Nano-TV channel is, here is their link
    http://www.nano-tv.com/home.asp
    Short movies made for the net
    Thanks, I was about ask what was that channel.......
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

    My beer blogs:

    Rev. Rhino on Flickr

    Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by damigs
    Question MobiTV users.. I ended my subscription the first month it came out. Does the video quality still look grainy? I was very disappointed on how it looked and for some the sound was horrible.
    Yep, still blocky and grainy most of the time.
    ~'kito
  17. #17  
    How did you get the 2 new channels to show? Do you have to reinstall?
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael

    ps (treo600kings - I think you were thinking about drive-"in".)
    Ha. You're right. Good look. Been a while since I have been to one. Mobitv should have more info regarding their lineup. They would get more subscribers I bet.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    I'm watching a White House press conference on MSNBC now and Patrick Fitzgerald's lips are synced with his voice fairly well.
    I too watched that. Again, this is where Mobitv shines. Breaking and developing news stories in a scandal-ridden world. Long gone are the days where we had to huddle outside the electronics store with strangers to get a glimpse of what news story was breaking.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenIntro
    How did you get the 2 new channels to show? Do you have to reinstall?
    No. It should just appear upon opening the app. Try exiting and then reopening it again.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions