1.    #1  
    I tried a search with little results. How do I set up my Sprint T600 so I can listen to audio books. Keep in mind I know NOTHING about audio books. SO....I need all the a, b, c's.

Thanks.
    Nik
    Nik<hr>M100 --->M125 --->M500 --->Treo300 --->Sprint-Treo600 --->Sprint-Treo650
    <hr>
    Rom 8:31 <'><
    <marquee bgcolor=red width=150 height=5>
    1 in 150 babies born today will have some form of Autism
    </marquee>
    Unlocking Autism Mission Trips to Honduras My Space
    First question: are you looking for free books or something like Audible.com where you can get new books & subscriptions?
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  3.    #3  
    Free would be better. What software will I need?.
    Nik<hr>M100 --->M125 --->M500 --->Treo300 --->Sprint-Treo600 --->Sprint-Treo650
    <hr>
    Rom 8:31 <'><
    <marquee bgcolor=red width=150 height=5>
    1 in 150 babies born today will have some form of Autism
    </marquee>
    Unlocking Autism Mission Trips to Honduras My Space
    The only free way I know of would be to download mp3 versions and play with your fav music player. Many public libraries offer the audio version of the book for free as well as many less than legit websites. I'm a big fan of Audible and use it constantly.

TS
    Quote Originally Posted by turbosteve
    The only free way I know of would be to download mp3 versions and play with your fav music player. Many public libraries offer the audio version of the book for free as well as many less than legit websites. I'm a big fan of Audible and use it constantly.

TS
    Ditto on Audible.com. I drive a lot and listen to many, many hours of audiobooks each month. Primarily, I use my iPod, but occasionally I travel light and just use the Treo. You can download the player from Audible's website. They do have some free content you can use to try out before signing up for the service.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    You don't have to do Audible's monthly subscription plan, however. Their best deal is called "Ultimate Listener". It's $119.95 in advance, but you get 12 book credits (any book) that are good for 24 months. It is the best deal because it is $10 a book, and you use them as you like. You also get 20% off on any book you don't redeem a credit on (any book up to $12.50 you should pay cash for); and 50% off subscriptions...the only trick is that it is auto-renewing annually; but you can call them and "cancel"--you still keep your existing credits for up to the full 24 months.

Used to be that you could "work the system" by signing up for the Annual (Premium) membership (the monthly plan), which would let you get a discount on a variety of MP3 players (like the "free shuffle") but then upgrade to the Ultimate Reader plan the second month and keep the player (but cancelling out the monthly plan). I think they have changed that.
    The BEST deal is free! If you belong to any of the public Libraries that are signed up with Overdrive, or Netlibrary, you can download audio books for a 3 week period and then they simply stop working! My Library has netlibrary and I'm listening to a **** Francis book now!