1.    #1  
    Those with Cingular (possibly others) have the option of emailing photos from the "send" submenu on the Media menu. Verizon in it's unfathomable greed has disabled this submenu, forcing you instead to use the mms app, which nets them $.25 a pop.
    I noticed that from time to time, clever folks such as Shadowmite & friends are able to hack these types of things, through overlays etc., as in the record function in the sounds prefs. Is this just a matter of an overlay? If I look at the rom, I see:
    Photos-Foto
    Photos-Foto_enUS
    Photos-Foto_VRZW

Would, say, obtaining a cingular version of the VZRW file, renaming it as above, and copying it to ram bring back the crippled submenu without resorting to a custom ROM?

Thanks again.
    why dont you just email the photo as an attachment? no .25 charge?
  3.    #3  
    why dont you just email the photo as an attachment? no .25 charge?
    That's what I'm trying to do, from within the Camera/Media app, rather than have to save it, exit, load Acid Image, and have it call the email app. I could also load an email app & browse for the pic. None of this is as "elegant" as being able to call the email app directly from the camera app with pic as an attachment ready to go.