Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1.    #1  
    Ive tried a few and they are crap.. Anyone know of one that works without all of the static?

    RMSX3
  2. #2  
    Search and ye shall find.
  3. #3  
    Definitely go to the Reviews, you can sort by rating.

    Personally I am very happy with my Motorola HSB850. I have never had static with my headset, my husband has one for his Treo650 too. We talk each morning on the way into work and never encounter static.
    Cingular GSM Treo 650, Apple PowerBook G4, iQue 3600, iPod Photo 60GB
    PalmPilot > Palm Vx > Palm M505 > Garmin iQue 3600 > Treo 650


    Seek first to understand, then to be Understood
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnmunch
    We talk each morning on the way into work and never encounter static.
    That's not what he says
    Unlocked/Unbranded GSM Treo 650
    1.71/1.30 ENA, HW A
    T-Mobile Total Internet
  5. #5  
    The Palm BT headset has been flawless for me. I tried the Jabra 250 and the the HSB850 and returned both.. at $59.00, the Palm BT headset is a good deal both cost and quality wise.
  6. ink883's Avatar
    Posts
    872 Posts
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleNickle
    The Palm BT headset has been flawless for me. I tried the Jabra 250 and the the HSB850 and returned both.. at $59.00, the Palm BT headset is a good deal both cost and quality wise.
    I agree that the Palm BT headset is better then the Jabra 250. However, i find that i still get static, and many of my friends complain about hearing an echo everytime they speak.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883
    I agree that the Palm BT headset is better then the Jabra 250. However, i find that i still get static, and many of my friends complain about hearing an echo everytime they speak.
    Honestly, I have not had either issue with my headset.
  8. #8  
    I like my HS805 even better than my old hs850. Both with great sound quality, but the 805 connects quicker
  9. #9  
    There are so many threads on this that with a little looking you can get the information you are looking for. I think you will find that it is very subjective. For me, I tried the Jabra 250 (hated it) and then moved into the more modern world with the Treo BT. Really liked it, the fastest hand off I had encounterd, but it got stolen from some luggage. Tried the Platronics 640, pretty slick and lots of cool things, but my friends complain about the sound quality. Treo was better, but didn't fit as well and neither could be used with the top down in my car. So, I may be looking at the HBH-300 next. Trial and error seems like the only way to know for sure.
  10. jshamoon's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    #10  
    My wife and I both have Treo 650s and initially purchased the Treo bluetooth headset thinking that since it was made by the same company, it would work the best and also it utilizes the same charger which is a plus. Needless to say, after using it for a couple of weeks, the quality of the headset was horrible. Choppy audio on both ends, static, horrible range no matter which side I placed it on and the volume was sub-par. It never even felt secure on our ears, it just kinda dangled there.

    I truly can't believe PalmOne would put out such a crappy product.

    After doing some research, mainly on this site, we ordered the Plantronics Voyager 510. WORKS GREAT WITH THE TREO650! I was getting worried that no headset was going to work the way it should with our Treos, but man-o-man, the 510 is AWESOME. Very loud due to the in the ear design, extremely comfortable and most important, the quality of the call on both ends is excellent. Sounds even better then holding the Treo up to your ear. Only downside, if you want to call it that, it takes slightly longer (1/2 sec) to connect.

    Definitely recommend the 510 to anyone looking for a Bluetooth headset for their Treo.

    More info here:
    http://plantronics.com/north_america...36/prod5360004

    Shop around, it can be had for under $50 shipped from certain online retailers which makes it a heck of a value.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by jshamoon
    My wife and I both have Treo 650s and initially purchased the Treo bluetooth headset thinking that since it was made by the same company, it would work the best and also it utilizes the same charger which is a plus. Needless to say, after using it for a couple of weeks, the quality of the headset was horrible. Choppy audio on both ends, static, horrible range no matter which side I placed it on and the volume was sub-par. It never even felt secure on our ears, it just kinda dangled there....
    wow, that's quite a slam.

    i guess that's what they mean by "your mileage may vary." i have never had anything like those sorts of problems with the TH, the sound is great for me, and friends are consistently impressed with how good it sounds to them. the only times i ever get static are when i leave the phone in one room and walk 20-30 feet away, which isn't surprising. and i couldn't be happier with how securely & comfortably it sits on my ear.
  12. jshamoon's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by rayfield
    wow, that's quite a slam.

    i guess that's what they mean by "your mileage may vary." i have never had anything like those sorts of problems with the TH, the sound is great for me, and friends are consistently impressed with how good it sounds to them. the only times i ever get static are when i leave the phone in one room and walk 20-30 feet away, which isn't surprising. and i couldn't be happier with how securely & comfortably it sits on my ear.
    It would be one thing if it was just one of our phones / headsets, we could then rule that it was a defective device. But 2 handsets with 2 different headsets kind of rules that out. Shocked us as well. Oh well, we're happy now.
  13. #13  
    I've been using the Logitech Mobile Pro for about 3 months now and it has been excellent on both hearing and being heard. Tried the cardo Scala, but had lots of complaints on the other end that I wasn't being heard properly.
    David
  14. ZionxLion's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    #14  
    I got my Scala Cardo in the mail yesterday and I have been using it all day non-stop. Thumds up to this headset
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by dsilver
    I've been using the Logitech Mobile Pro for about 3 months now and it has been excellent on both hearing and being heard. Tried the cardo Scala, but had lots of complaints on the other end that I wasn't being heard properly.
    If possible, see if you can exchange it for another. I've been using mine for 8 or 9 months and have had nothing but solid comments about it. Just the past few days, however, I've had a problem with it suddenly going silent within a few seconds of a call being connected. The person I'm speaking with can still hear me, but my end is completely dead. I have not been able to find the right combination to correct it mid-call, so I've been telling my caller of the problem, hanging up, and then calling them back. Today I re-paired the device to see if that clears up the issue.
    Unlocked/Unbranded GSM Treo 650
    1.71/1.30 ENA, HW A
    T-Mobile Total Internet
  16. #16  
    Interesting. Never had those problems above with the Treo BT Headset. On balance, great sound quality according to reports, unless walking around. True, it doesn't fit well and just kind of hangs there, and could be louder because it's not an in the ear design. It's the fastest handoff in the west, bar none. Annoying need to repair (for me, every time I recharged it) frequently. It's better than the Platronics 640, however, for me.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by gregb882
    If possible, see if you can exchange it for another. I've been using mine for 8 or 9 months and have had nothing but solid comments about it. Just the past few days, however, I've had a problem with it suddenly going silent within a few seconds of a call being connected. The person I'm speaking with can still hear me, but my end is completely dead. I have not been able to find the right combination to correct it mid-call, so I've been telling my caller of the problem, hanging up, and then calling them back. Today I re-paired the device to see if that clears up the issue.
    Since re-pairing the Scala to the 650, I've had no repeat incidents. It has only been one day, but it happened twice in one day before. Wierd, huh?
    Unlocked/Unbranded GSM Treo 650
    1.71/1.30 ENA, HW A
    T-Mobile Total Internet
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by dsilver
    I've been using the Logitech Mobile Pro for about 3 months now and it has been excellent on both hearing and being heard. Tried the cardo Scala, but had lots of complaints on the other end that I wasn't being heard properly.

    YMMV... I've had this headset for a few months now, and I've gotten alot of complains lately about being hard to hear.. most words I say are cut out or echo-y...

    And it pinches the ear alot .....

    time to try a new one
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by ZionxLion
    I got my Scala Cardo in the mail yesterday and I have been using it all day non-stop. Thumds up to this headset
    Same here, it sounds great, people can hear me well even in my noisy car, and once you adjust the ear piece it's comfortable too. And $40 shipped, it's one of the cheaper headsets around.

    And if you need it, their website offers the free gel cap for the headset, I went ahead and requested one just to see if I like it better. But it's certainly loud enough for the environments I've been in.

    Haven't had to re-pair it or anything, although once I had to manually answer a call by pressing the control button.

    On the flip side, I was in the back of my lab at work and got a phone call, so I answered the handset (bt headset was on my desk).. After a few seconds of me trying to figure out why I couldn't hear 'em, I looked and saw the headset icon so I rushed over and grabbed the headset. Funny thing about this is it was about 25 feet away through some partitions and a dozen PC's and monitors, plus my Treo was in my Innopocket Al case.

    I've found it has some static when first answering a call, then it seems to completely go away, in fact I've put the Treo (again, in Innopocket case) on something and walked away and got over 10' away with no static.

Posting Permissions