1.    #1  
    My GSM unlocked has developed (really always had, but now it is more often) a problem. Often I will take it out of my pocket and the screen will have turned off. I will try to wake it and keys will take 15 to 20 seconds to respond. Each key will take 20 seconds to respond unless I soft reset. I notice that the indicator always shows 2 bars of signal power when this happens. Once I reset it will show the full 4 bars and work fine until it happens again.

This is now happening 3 to 4 times a day.

I know GSM freezing is a known problem with lots of threads, but this somehow seems different because it isn't frozen - just really slow.

The signal bars correlation is also strange. My office always has a very strong 4 bar signal. It will always show 2 bars when slow, but then pop back to 4 bars once I reset. Also, incoming calls go straight to VM when the problem exists. I don't think the signal is really 2 bars, but the Treo thinks it is when the problem exists.

Any advice?
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
  2.    #2  
    OK - Now this is getting REALLY strange.

I did the soft reset to "unslow" my treo and all of a sudden my Versamail settings are gone! It is as if I never had Versamail set up before. Other stuff seems to be untouched as far as I can tell.

Did another soft reset and settings are still gone.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    There is a long thread about GSM treo 650s getting very slow when they get low signal. On my unlocked Cingular Treo 650 I have never experienced this.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
  4.    #4  
    Yeah, but this really isn't the treo getting low signal. The signal is strong, but the Treo THINKS it is low. I also haven't seen this problem coupled with my Versamail losing all settings. I know about the other thread, this just seems different.

Versamail and this problem are unrelated, the databases were in cache and got trashed when you reset.
  6.    #6  
    I assume they will come back once I hotsync when I get home tonight?

i've had this exact slowness / 2 bar problem
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by rbenjami
    I assume they will come back once I hotsync when I get home tonight?
    Didnt come back. I had to reconfigure everything. What a pain.

BTW last night, I went into some other application that doesn't have a GSM signal bar, and was able to turn the phone off, which took about 45s, then turn it back on, and everything was fine, no soft reset needed.

However, doing a soft reset might be faster and easier.. heh.. I always do the soft reset from ZLauncher (menu-R) but it takes a few attempts to get it to pop up the menu.

I really, really wish they'd get that fixed, it's a real pain.. I mostly see it with stacked alarms or such, but sometimes it just happens out of the blue, perhaps this "low signal" thing.
    rbenjami - I've had the same (slow keyboard & lose Versamail settins

ATTWS
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
    This problem has gone from sporatic to chronic for me too. This would make me think that it's a software issue. right?

One thing I did that seemed to help a little bit is clearing my call log. It was HUGE.
    I don't think it's the cause, but I have had this happen fewer times since.

Someone really needs to figure this out. It almost seems like a memory leak or something...