1.    #1  
    My girlfriend, who owns a treo, spotted this on the Subway this morning. She's no expert, but some things she said about it were awfully interesting.

First and foremost, it was Black. We know Sprint happens to be the carrier that colors up the Treo the most, so the next Palm should be no different. The operating system was Palm OS. The shell of the device was a little different, she thought it was a case at first, but realized it was not.

The Sprint logo was on the right of the display above the screen, while the Palm (she told me it said Palmone, but she can't remember exactly) logo was on the left. This makes total sense, the new TX and Z models say Palm at the top, not the model name, because palm is pushing their (old) new $30 million dollar name.

She also mentioned the keyboard keys (the letters included) were black with white lettering. She didn't notice if the number keys were of different color. It looked like the guy was either new, or bored, or testing the thing because he was running all sorts of games on it during the short ride.

Alright, that's all I got. Let's see if we hear anything officially about this.

EDIT: Nevermind. Sounds like it was a 600. Here's to hoping for a new model soon.
    Last edited by g-funkster; 10/27/2005 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Update
    Interesting!

(What, she didn't use her Treo to take a pic????)
    (I would not have been that brave or bold, either.)

Cheers, Perry
    I saw a black Treo the other day (in Memphis) but when I looked a bit closer I saw that it had the kind of flat antenna and realized it was a 600. Never saw them but I'm sure the one I saw was not a 650.
    I have to ask - is she sure it wasn't a 600? That description fits it perfectly.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    That's what I saw.
    I'd forgotten the 600 looks so similar. The black case is classy! But "silver is the new black" ... except for some reason, silver and blue is somehow better. (I'd prefer black and silver or just silver).
    I would also think any new Sprint Treo 700 would incorporate their new logo.
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
    Maybe it was a black stealthy phone to use to match their helicopters ?
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetoad
    I would also think any new Sprint Treo 700 would incorporate their new logo.
    I saw a 650 last week that has the new Sprint logo on it. I can't remember if it said "TREO" on it or "PALM" on the other side, though. It also looked more grey than blue.
    Maybe is was a 650 but with the black Toughskin Case.
    And wouldn't any new phones say Palm, not PalmOne?
    Quote Originally Posted by Voices Carry
    And wouldn't any new phones say Palm, not PalmOne?
    If they said either it would be PALM. No doubt what she saw was a 600. Has anyone tried either of these, though?

http://cgi.ebay.com/TREO-650-BLACK-S...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/4-Sets-of-Treo-6...QQcmdZViewItem
    Palm would make a fortune if a black replacement case could be offered for the silver/gray cases.
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop
    Palm would make a fortune if a black replacement case could be offered for the silver/gray cases.
    True. It would be nice to have interchangeable cases ala Nokia phones. I doubt I'll ever put stickers on my $600 phone!
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tone
    I saw a 650 last week that has the new Sprint logo on it. I can't remember if it said "TREO" on it or "PALM" on the other side, though. It also looked more grey than blue.
    I upgraded from a Sprint 600 to a 650 just yesterday and it's now the same bluish-grey background with the new Sprint "pindrop" logo on the upper left and stylized "Treo" logo on the upper right.
    the guy i share an office with has a black sprint treo 600