1.    #1  
    o
    Last edited by Preet708; 10/25/2006 at 05:12 AM.
    This may be a loose sim problem, Cingular has had issues in this regard.

QUOTE FROM ANOTHER THREAD:
    This could be the SIM Tray problem.

1) Take your SIM tray out of the Treo.
    2) Then take SIM card out of the SIM tray
    3) Put 3 layers of scotch tape on the back of the SIM *card*
    4) Trim tape to fit
    5) Put SIM card back into the SIM tray
    6) Put the SIM tray back into the Treo

See if the problem goes away.

Jeff Gibson

READ THIS THREAD FOR MORE INFO:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=98742
    (It contains lgreenberg's suggestion below.)

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 10/27/2005 at 06:03 AM.
    If your SIM tray does turn out to be at fault Cingular is offering updated SIM trays free of charge.

They evem ship them DHL.

http://www.cingular.com/simtray
    Quote Originally Posted by Preet708
    2. Right when I press the "Red/Power" button, it takes 3 secs to load up and turn on, but it turns off right after that unless I press the center keyguard button to unlock. Any ideas for it not to happen?
    Disabling keyguard is pretty easy. Open Prefs then Keyguard and choose 'Disabled' from the drop-down list. I'm not sure you'll really want to do this though because you'll be running the risk of the Treo turning on and doing who-knows-what in your pocket, bag, etc. More worrying is that it takes 3 secs to turn on. It's hard to say why this is but you might want to check that you have the latest software for your device. See here:

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...reo650updater/
  5.    #5  
    o
    Last edited by Preet708; 10/25/2006 at 05:13 AM.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I am not a Cingular user, so there may be another known issue that someone can state the quick fix for . . . . . . . . .

but, in lieu of that, this is not normal behavior in my mind. I would be on my way to the nearest Cingular store to ask: "Why is this Treo doing this?"

Before that trip . . . . hard reset . . . . . does the totally clean Treo still do this? If so, you need a new one. If not, we can start looking at software conflicts:

Did you have a prior PalmOS device (PDA or Phone) and did you hotsync this Treo directly to your prior userid? If so, we have cleanup to do. (The 650 chokes on prior device software settings brought forward in this manner.)

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 10/27/2005 at 09:39 AM.
  8.    #8  
    o
    The paper might eventually slip, so I think that's why the suggestion was three layers of tape. . . .

Did you have to do this, even with the replacement tray?

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    The paper might eventually slip, so I think that's why the suggestion was three layers of tape. . . .

Did you have to do this, even with the replacement tray?

Cheers, Perry.
    Tape can be pretty thin but the paper coming loose is a real risk. I suggest you buy some stick-on paper labels. You get the thickness of paper but they are still stuck in place. I saw someone else suggest sticking them to the tray rather than the SIM. That way of you use a different SIM or move your SIM to a different phone the stickers are where they are meant to stay.
  11. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    This reminds me of the old Clie NR70's, which in order to get the memory stick slot to work, many people opened up the case and taped pieces of paper to the back of the card slot (back when a PDA could be opened with a normal screwdriver). Not exactly the way the product's designed to work, I think, but it did solve the problem.

Sorry, I have CDMA so I can't help, but it sounds like you should take it in to the Cingular store, unless every GSM Treo has this problem, in which case you can just use the paper fix.
  12.    #12  
    This is a silly question but, are you sure that the phone is actually turning off? The screen shuts off after three minutes to conserve power but the phone is still active, or it should be anyways. After a few minutes my screen shuts off and it looks like its off, but I can still receive calls.
    I think he means the radio is being turned off. Like when you hold down the phone button.