1.    #1  
    The green LED light apparently blinks whenever i'm in a service area.

I find this extremely disturbing and since buying my Treo three days ago have had strong urges to commit violence against all manner of objects & people, with special preference towards helpless animals.

Is there any way to turn this off?

Thanks!
    -Antiacus
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiacus

I find this extremely disturbing and since buying my Treo three days ago have had strong urges to commit violence against all manner of objects & people, with special preference towards helpless animals.

I hope this spares at least a couple of those animals:

http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-241.html?LEDOff

Works a treat for me (never tried the alert functions though).
    Also, if you have a Sprint Treo 650 with firmware version 1.12, I believe (but can't check personally) that there is an option to turn off the in-coverage blink in Phone>Options>General Preferences. See:

http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php?PH...&topic=5094.60
    see pro help, if a blinking LED light is tipping you ovee the edge, I am afraid you have bigger issues. Just kidding, look for apps that control the LED on mytreo.net
    Treoing & Loving it
    duct tape or grey electrical tape over the light is a cheap alternative
    Whatever...

Turn the gun on yourself. You'll never have to worry about that blinking light again...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    You newbies, always with that killing spree question. Geeeze... Seach the threads, it's an old issue dealt with long ago...
    "This space intentionally left blank."
    Are you trying to be funny? I don't think such things should be taken so lightly and would suggest this thread be removed ASAP.

Antiacus - I would really suggest you rethink your hostility.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by rbenjami
    Are you trying to be funny? I don't think such things should be taken so lightly and would suggest this thread be removed ASAP.

No do not remove the thread, it is evidence
    Treoing & Loving it
    My gosh, please simmer down and rethink your hostility...

------------------------------

"This space intentionally left blank."
    Try Butler, you get LED control and a host of other features, in one tight - and not too expensive - package.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by write1here
    You newbies, always with that killing spree question. Geeeze... Seach the threads, it's an old issue dealt with long ago...
    I thought the blinking asterisk was for killing spree?
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    I thought the blinking asterisk was for killing spree?
    Really? I could have sworn that the "Press center button to unlock" was the real cause of these killing sprees.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    What would people say the "flashing star" in the top left hand corcner is telling them to do?
    Treoing & Loving it
    That is the blinking asterisk thingy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiacus

Thanks!
    -Antiacus
    LOOOOSER!!!

What do green traffic lights do to you? If you are creative enough to kill something, figure out a way to kill the itty bitty green light. Or get rid of the treo.

Chuck
    Green go, yellow go faster, red go fastest ?
  18.    #18  
    The tri-state area of Oregon/Washington/Idaho is forever indebted in the efforts of something called "treo central" in stopping the rampage of the mystery man known only as "The green flash killer".

The killer, who always hollered "stop the green flash!" before beginning a new onslaught against people, farm animals and whatever vegetation was nearby, suddenly ended his rampage on Thursday citing "those great people at treocentral" as the only reason for the reprieve.

There is wide speculation as to what exactly "the green flash" was in the first place with guesses ranging from the wild (the possibility of a superhero type character) to the highly improbable (the blinking led on a treo cellphone), but it seems the green flash killer can only answer that question.

Sources say upon ending his rampage, he looked around, grinned sheepishly and said "uhh, woops, sorry" before slinking off.