Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I didn't even notice they had their own - see, you learn something everyday. Thanks, and you're welcome!
    has anyone actually signed up and used it? tell us about your experience....btw good find VaccPalm
    Running an Unlocked Cingular Palm Treo 650 with an AT&T Sim
    *1GB SanDisk SD Card

Quote Originally Posted by vipa1887
    has anyone actually signed up and used it? tell us about your experience....btw good find VaccPalm

It's alright imo...There are two major issues though that I have with Avvenu...or more accurately to say one major issue with the Treo that reduces the effectiveness of it...

First, b/c of the 2MB downlaod limit of the version of blazer on the Treo, you cannot download anything more than 2MB using Avvenu from your desktop!! That pretty much defeats the purpose for a lot of the functionality this service provides imo. Having a browser interface is nce, but too bad the browser on the Treo limits the functionality.

Secondly is the issue of security. I personally don't feel comfortable relying on 3rd party company to have access 247 to critical files on my desktop. Free is nice, but you can pretty much accomplish the same thing via PalmVNC etc as well which is good alternative...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I agree with gfunkmagic - overall, the less 3rd party and proxy server usage you have, the more secure you will be.
    yeah i guess..but i dont think i mind
    *1GB SanDisk SD Card

signed up with avvenu..looks good to me..only problem is the 2mb download limit
    *1GB SanDisk SD Card

So what do most people use to access files on their PC's remotely (and preferrably free)?
    Can anybody get this to work in windows 2000

i get a error from agent.exe in psapi.dll and all avvenu has to say is that it is only supported under windows Xtra Pink....
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I am totally diggin' this Avvenu!!

http://www.avvenu.com/

You can leave your computer on when you travel and then access everything on your computer remotely through your 700P or you can pay a paltry $3.99/mo. to set up a dedicated folder which sits on their servers (128 bit SSL encrypted) and access everything in that folder regardless of whether your home PC is turned on or not.

Seems to be extremely useful. Has anyone had a bad experience with Avvenu?

Thanks!

SMEGGIE
  10.    #30  
    I cant say enough about it. It is free and awsome. this mixed with PalmVNC and I have everything with me when I travel or go anywhere.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12