1.    #1  
    Hi - I'm new here.

I did a search of TomTom on the boards and didn't see this question answered...

I just bought TomTom Navigator 5 for my Treo 650

I'm doing a hotsynch right now of my first map -- I will need to load three (due to the fact that Ohio sits on the corner of the Northeast region and the Southeast region and the adjacent states I often travel through are on those maps!

Anyway -- It's been going for about an hour now and I'm only about 1/3 of the way through the synch!

Is there an easy way to just load up the maps onto my SD card via my card reader?

Any help with this would be GREATLY appreciated!

Blessings!

Dave
    Depending on the size of the maps you installed it can take a while. I used a tri-state map and used a SD reader since the file was 72mb. I'd recommend the same.

TS
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    Put your SD card in your card reader, and make a mental note of which drive letter it gets mapped to (assuming you have multiple drive letters assigned to your card reader).

Doing this from memory now...

When installing a map from the CD, select "other location" as the destination, and it will prompt you for the type of destination ("Card Reader" I think?) and the drive letter. Away it goes!

Once done, put the card back in the treo and TomTom will (should) see the new map.
  4.    #4  
    Worked like a charm!

Thanks alot! It's not real clear in the documentation how to do this.

I really appreciate your quick response!
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    No problem. No it's not clear at all. I actually found out from another thread on here, and I have no idea how that guy found out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mportune

When installing a map from the CD, select "other location" as the destination, and it will prompt you for the type of destination ("Card Reader" I think?) and the drive letter. Away it goes!

Once done, put the card back in the treo and TomTom will (should) see the new map.
    Hi mportune,
    are you using TT5? When I execute the *.exe on the CD I only have 2 options: main memory or SD card (via HotSync).
    First of all I can't install it!!! Then it would be very very slow compared to a card reader.

Thanks for help.
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
    No problem. No it's not clear at all. I actually found out from another thread on here, and I have no idea how that guy found out.
    Can you post wich thread you are talking about.

Thanks again for 2 questions!!
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vittogn
    Hi mportune,
    are you using TT5? When I execute the *.exe on the CD I only have 2 options: main memory or SD card (via HotSync).
    First of all I can't install it!!! Then it would be very very slow compared to a card reader.

Thanks for help.
    Here's a walkthrough:

1 - insert a map CD
    2 - agree to the EULA
    3 - select Palm Powered-Handheld
    4 - select Add maps
    5 - select the map you want to install
    6 - select Other Location (Advanced)
    7 - select Storage Card Reader (CF/MMC/SD)
    8 - select the correct drive letter of your storage card
    9 - away it goes!

I don't remember where the other thread was, but that's basically exactly what it said as well.
    Here's a walkthrough:
    CUT
    9 - away it goes!

I don't remember where the other thread was, but that's basically exactly what it said as well.
    Thanks a lot.....tonight I'll try again.
    Ciao.
    Vittore