Handspring has an update for the Palm Desktop on their site that they call v 3.1. What I want to know is, what version of Hotsync does it include? I have heard that Hotsync 3.0.4 does a much better job of backing up 3rd party apps and data, making Backup Buddy less necessary. Can anyone with Desktop 3.1 comment?
    Don't have direct answers for your questions but wanted to let you know that Palm Desktop 3.1 comes with the Prism. This version includes HotSync Manager 3.1.0H so I think you'd want that Hotsync version and not the older 3.0.4.

I think BackupBuddy is still an essential piece of software. The Backup Module has been essential too with the trials that I've gone through the Prism.
    Originally posted by docc
    Handspring has an update for the Palm Desktop on their site that they call v 3.1. What I want to know is, what version of Hotsync does it include? I have heard that Hotsync 3.0.4 does a much better job of backing up 3rd party apps and data, making Backup Buddy less necessary. Can anyone with Desktop 3.1 comment?
    The Palm Desktop v3.1 on Handspring's web site includes HotSync Manager v3.1H. Not sure about the better backups claim; I've used BackupBuddy since my old PalmPilot Pro.