1.    #1  
    I have had my unlocked gsm 650 1.13/1.43 for 6 weeks now which has been rock solid and last night I got the "HALRadioAcDc.c, Line:441, Host wake not asserted in time" When putting in my credit card number while checkin my balance. The only thing that has really changed is I started leaving my bluetooth on the last couple of days. Does this mean the hardware is going bad?
    No.. Although there IS apparently a HAL(something).c failure associated with bad GSM radios, don't assume this is the case.

I see this sometimes when I have no signal and something keeps trying to connect to GPRS, or I for some reason can't connect to GPRS. Seems to only happen on automated things where I can't hit cancel after a few seconds when it's obviously not going to work. Usually a netlib reset and it's fine, but when it happens automatically (like Treo Alarm which updates the weather, etc) it can crash.

Unless it starts happening often, I wouldn't sweat it.
    Halradio errors indicate a problem with the radio module. This was confirmed by Palm Tech when I called before with this error. Your unit will be replaced if still under warranty.
    Good question. I had this error just once in three months with my current phone. My current phone is a replacement for one that had a stuck key, never gave me the HALRadio error, but reset for other reasons all the time. I still have about four months on the warranty, so I'll play it by ear.
    seriously, if you get this error once in a blue moon, don't even sweat it.
    i've had two of these errors on my phone since i got it in July, and otherwise it's solid. i'll take that over a constantly resetting or crashing phone that never gets the HALradio error.
    (watch it happen tomorrow, now that i've written this)
    I never got the halradio error after the replacement. Its a hardware failure caused by the radio module. You are entitled to have a replacement and Palm will give it to you.
    The 5th and 6th digit of your Treo's serial is the production build. The unit I had before with the halradio error is PTTG01. One I'm using now is PTTG04.
  8.    #8  
    Well I will see if it happens again. This treo works perfect I don't want to risk getting something worse. Had it for 6 weeks.
    If you are getting thi error - you have a hardware fault. I rang Palm Customer Support and they exchanged the handheld for a NEW one eventually ;-) (after giving me a refurbished device that had same problem)

Try it and see,. No point having a treo that resets itself all the time
    I have resets with my Treo650 very very often.
    I always get the error-code: help, "HALRadioAcDc.c, Line:441, Host wake not asserted in time"?
    IS this is caused by hardware problems...so I will try to find out where to send my Treo to get a new one. (Unfortunatly I bought the new Treo in Dublin via ebay and I am here in Munich, but there must be a way.
    BUT: I also updated to the unofficial firmware...
    Would you try to substitute the firmware again before sending it to palm?
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyboe
    I have resets with my Treo650 very very often.
    I always get the error-code: help, "HALRadioAcDc.c, Line:441, Host wake not asserted in time"?
    IS this is caused by hardware problems...so I will try to find out where to send my Treo to get a new one. (Unfortunatly I bought the new Treo in Dublin via ebay and I am here in Munich, but there must be a way.
    BUT: I also updated to the unofficial firmware...
    Would you try to substitute the firmware again before sending it to palm?
    If it happens often due to the HALRadio, then I would get it replaced.
    If rare, I wouldn't risk it and get another phone with some other potential issue.
    You could try a new firmware, but I would stick with the official released ones if you you might possibly get an exchange.
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51