Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    http://www.teavuihuang.com/massstorsync/#Instructions

The instruction is simply terrible.

I downloaded the zip file and all it had was a bunch of bat files. My Treo is back to Palm for repair so I tried to get it to work with just the SD card. And I got a bunch of errors.

They don't honestly expect me to use the slow Treo cable to sync are they?
    Someone just sent this to me today and I loaded it. I feel the same you do. I think there is a missing step that is not covered in the instructions. I looked at the .bat file for the Treo and it appears that it is looking for the Treo as a drive. I have seen something here on TC that allows the Treo to appear as a drive. I will look for it and I am about to send Tea and email.
    Okay, I got it to work but it was not what I was thinking. You have to remove you SD card from the Treo and connect it to your computer. When you run the MassStorSync Treo, it finds the Treo as the drive your SD card is on.

Beware!!! I just ran it for the first time and it deleted all the .MP3's I had on my SD card. No big deal for me, since I have been using my iPod and all my songs are on my PC.

It works pretty cool but just not what I was thinking.
    This appears to be the missing link...

http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-...?CardExport_II
    I would recomend "idletunes" over at http://www.idletunes.com/ for this. It can export any iTunes playlist into normally named MP3 files (assuming those are the files you have iTunes managing) into ANY folder or storage device. It will even generate a M3U playlist.

Did I mention that it is free? Its a great app with lots of other useful features. Highly recommended.

-Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    What am I missing? I downloaded the files, but is there a setup that needs to run? I already had Card Export and can connect fine with that. But when I launch the "MassStorSync Treo" shortcut, I get a message saying "No Treo Smartphone Found." Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoBeard
    This appears to be the missing link...

http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-...?CardExport_II
    Wha?? So you need card eport to run this? Then why not just use something like shuffler etc instead? Seems that would be a lot easier...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by wernst
    I would recomend "idletunes" over at http://www.idletunes.com/ for this. It can export any iTunes playlist into normally named MP3 files (assuming those are the files you have iTunes managing) into ANY folder or storage device. It will even generate a M3U playlist.

Did I mention that it is free? Its a great app with lots of other useful features. Highly recommended.

-Warr
    Can it sync the new podcast mp3 files into the SD card as well. If it can I am in heaven.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Wha?? So you need card eport to run this? Then why not just use something like shuffler etc instead? Seems that would be a lot easier...
    I've tried Shuffler too and I couldn't get that to work without Card Export either. Do you know something I don't? Also, as far as I could tell Shuffler doesn't make your Treo visible in iTunes. All I could get it to do was randomly import songs to my Treo, which is I guess it's fucntion, but I want to be able to choose what sings I move to my Treo in iTunes.
    Maybe my post was missed because of my last post about CardExport.

The Mass Storage Sync software is free.
    http://teavuihuang.com/massstorsync/

It works in roughly the same way as IdleTunes, in that it will export the songs in the Treo playlist from iTunes to removeable media (you can either pop your SD card in your computer or you can get something like CardExport to make your Treo look like removeable media). Either way, it sycs the songs to the \Audio directory of your SD card.

I looked at IdleTunes but I haven't loaded it. It looks like it has an added feature of playlist support on the Treo (or any MP3 device). Mass Storage Sync does not.
    why do people just drag and drop the song files from the computer to the sd card through a card reader? it is much easier and faster.
    IMO, the main reason to use jukebox-generated playlists is for their search/sort capabilities. So, if I'm in the mood for songs by a certain artist, scattered across different albums, presumably, the jukebox software can do such searches, and then you can transfer thse to the handheld.

I just installed iTunes yesterday, so I have yet to learn about it's features. However, exporting to the Treo through iTunes will be useful to me, once a good method is determined.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Can someone please explain the easiest and cheapest way to export a playlist from iTunes on my Mac to PocketTunes on my Treo?

Do you really need all the software described in this thread?

Tia,
    /andreas

PS. What I want is a sync-function like the iPod. Is that possible? DS
    Last edited by carlsson; 10/30/2005 at 03:44 PM.
    As a Mac user, I think you want to use Missing Sync.
    Quote Originally Posted by carlsson
    Can someone please explain the easiest and cheapest way to export a playlist from iTunes on my Mac to PocketTunes on my Treo?

Do you really need all the software described in this thread?

Tia,
    /andreas

PS. What I want is a sync-function like the iPod. Is that possible? DS
    Get Idletunes. Install Idletunes. Use Idletunes.

For heaven's sake, just try it.

-Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro

-Warr
    idletunes works great for me!
    idletunes won't work with itunes 6.0, right? rats. is there ANY way to go back to the prior version? WHY did I upgrade yesterday? WHY?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhyte
    idletunes won't work with itunes 6.0, right? rats. is there ANY way to go back to the prior version? WHY did I upgrade yesterday? WHY?!?
    Why not use Xp's 'Restore' function to return your sytem to a point before you did the iTunes update? This function has worked many times for me when I've done something 'silly'...

Its located at:
    START-> ALL PROGRAMS-> ACCESORIES-> SYS. TOOLS-> SYS. RESTORE

HTH
    Click for Free iPod Nano or better. - really works!
    idletunes works fine with my v6 itunes? What is the error your getting?

-Warr
    this may be a silly question, but do I have to have a card reader to load songs to my card for use in pocket tunes. If it is necessary, is it for speed only ? I'm using my wife's mac with the latest version of i-tunes & plan to install idletunes when I get home.

Also, with idletunes, can you select playlists ; or individual songs ? Thanks for your help.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast