Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    What I would like is a simple application that allows simple blogging with photos- using FTP. No subscription fees, no paid service, just software.

    If something like this exists, please tell me, I haven't found it

    Basically, the application in my head would allow you to take a picture with the internal camera, then upload it via FTP - adding the photograph to a webpage with a datestamp text line an optional text note. I have more web space than I know what to do with, and I just want to be able to walk around, dumping photos from my hand onto a webpage.

    Oh, and it should make use of the 5-way keypad of course

    The software could either control the camera itself, or work with photos taken with the default camera software. Perhaps you could point it at a bunch of folders and it goes at it.

    A thumbnail option would be cool... meaning the webpage would contain thumbnails that allowed you to browse them all then click for an enlargement.

    I suppose this thing would be an HTML generator with an FTP app bolted to the undercarriage. I think it could be done without a server component.

    Anyhow, I can dream, can't I? Perhaps a developer would like to contact me about this
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2. #2  
    Why would anyone need to contact you?

    Try mo:Blog or hBlogger, or u*Blog
  3. #3  
    Now if you could only 'dream up' the few thousand lines of code to accomplish this, you may have something...
    Click for Free iPod Nano or better. - really works!
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by delta_baggage
    Why would anyone need to contact you?

    Try mo:Blog or hBlogger, or u*Blog
    Because he, like myself, has his own webspace and host. I've already got a photo gallery on my own website.

    I have absolutely no need for a seperate external page for pictures taken with the Treo.

    Splashblog is a great idea. Unfortunately it's support for external (non splashblog.com) sites is limited.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloTX
    Because he, like myself, has his own webspace and host.
    I think thats the least of a developers problems with this app. Anyone with a spare $20 can have a host and webspace. I think the real challenge is with the development of the application. I have writen a few low level applications and believe me that the transition from idea to functioning application is very rarely a simple one. Many peole have 'ideas' but few have the technical know-how to realize just what they are asking for and how much time and energy it takes to write.
    Click for Free iPod Nano or better. - really works!
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloTX
    Because he, like myself, has his own webspace and host. I've already got a photo gallery on my own website.

    I have absolutely no need for a seperate external page for pictures taken with the Treo.

    Splashblog is a great idea. Unfortunately it's support for external (non splashblog.com) sites is limited.
    Of course, you just show that you know nothing about any of the apps I listed. They can work with your own webspace and host. What? Are you too cheap to buy a license for Movable Type software so that you can run your blog in your own space on your own host?

    That's what I do--and maybe a couple of other people, too.

    Now if all you want is FTP upload (NOT what he said, I don't think), you mean y'all can't find one of those?
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by delta_baggage
    Are you too cheap to buy a license for Movable Type software so that you can run your blog in your own space on your own host?

    That's what I do--and maybe a couple of other people, too.
    And for a single blog, with one author, Movable Type is free!!!

    I use mo:Blog to do exactly what is described here. I take a picture, post it to my site with some text.....see this entry, and note the tagline at the bottom....

    -TR1
    Handspring Prism ---> PalmOne Treo650
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by delta_baggage
    Of course, you just show that you know nothing about any of the apps I listed. They can work with your own webspace and host. What? Are you too cheap to buy a license for Movable Type software so that you can run your blog in your own space on your own host?

    That's what I do--and maybe a couple of other people, too.

    Now if all you want is FTP upload (NOT what he said, I don't think), you mean y'all can't find one of those?

    I don't want a blog, I want Gallery integration. None of those apps support that.

    It's not a lack of knowledge...it's a lack of a suitable program.

    I don't want to tailor my website around a 3rd party app. I want a 3rd party app to work with my existing software (postnuke and Gallery).
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by TriangleRocks
    And for a single blog, with one author, Movable Type is free!!!

    I use mo:Blog to do exactly what is described here. I take a picture, post it to my site with some text.....see this entry, and note the tagline at the bottom....

    -TR1
    Thanks, that's some great info. I appreciate it.
  10. #10  
    Why not write an email agent that runs on your server. When a photo is e-mailed as an attachment to the agent, the agent stores the photo in the gallery and composes a new page on the postnuke site with links and images referred to in the gallery ?

    You could have one separate email address for each department in your blog.

Posting Permissions