1.    #1  
    What I would like is a simple application that allows simple blogging with photos- using FTP. No subscription fees, no paid service, just software.

If something like this exists, please tell me, I haven't found it

Basically, the application in my head would allow you to take a picture with the internal camera, then upload it via FTP - adding the photograph to a webpage with a datestamp text line an optional text note. I have more web space than I know what to do with, and I just want to be able to walk around, dumping photos from my hand onto a webpage.

Oh, and it should make use of the 5-way keypad of course

The software could either control the camera itself, or work with photos taken with the default camera software. Perhaps you could point it at a bunch of folders and it goes at it.

A thumbnail option would be cool... meaning the webpage would contain thumbnails that allowed you to browse them all then click for an enlargement.

I suppose this thing would be an HTML generator with an FTP app bolted to the undercarriage. I think it could be done without a server component.

Anyhow, I can dream, can't I? Perhaps a developer would like to contact me about this
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Why would anyone need to contact you?

Try mo:Blog or hBlogger, or u*Blog
    Now if you could only 'dream up' the few thousand lines of code to accomplish this, you may have something...
    Click for Free iPod Nano or better. - really works!
    Quote Originally Posted by delta_baggage
    Why would anyone need to contact you?

Try mo:Blog or hBlogger, or u*Blog
    Because he, like myself, has his own webspace and host. I've already got a photo gallery on my own website.

I have absolutely no need for a seperate external page for pictures taken with the Treo.

Splashblog is a great idea. Unfortunately it's support for external (non splashblog.com) sites is limited.
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloTX
    Because he, like myself, has his own webspace and host.
    I think thats the least of a developers problems with this app. Anyone with a spare $20 can have a host and webspace. I think the real challenge is with the development of the application. I have writen a few low level applications and believe me that the transition from idea to functioning application is very rarely a simple one. Many peole have 'ideas' but few have the technical know-how to realize just what they are asking for and how much time and energy it takes to write.
    Click for Free iPod Nano or better. - really works!
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloTX
    Because he, like myself, has his own webspace and host. I've already got a photo gallery on my own website.

I have absolutely no need for a seperate external page for pictures taken with the Treo.

Splashblog is a great idea. Unfortunately it's support for external (non splashblog.com) sites is limited.
    Of course, you just show that you know nothing about any of the apps I listed. They can work with your own webspace and host. What? Are you too cheap to buy a license for Movable Type software so that you can run your blog in your own space on your own host?

That's what I do--and maybe a couple of other people, too.

Now if all you want is FTP upload (NOT what he said, I don't think), you mean y'all can't find one of those?
    Are you too cheap to buy a license for Movable Type software so that you can run your blog in your own space on your own host?

And for a single blog, with one author, Movable Type is free!!!

I use mo:Blog to do exactly what is described here. I take a picture, post it to my site with some text.....see this entry, and note the tagline at the bottom....

-TR1
    Handspring Prism ---> PalmOne Treo650
    Of course, you just show that you know nothing about any of the apps I listed. They can work with your own webspace and host. What? Are you too cheap to buy a license for Movable Type software so that you can run your blog in your own space on your own host?

Now if all you want is FTP upload (NOT what he said, I don't think), you mean y'all can't find one of those?

I don't want a blog, I want Gallery integration. None of those apps support that.

It's not a lack of knowledge...it's a lack of a suitable program.

I don't want to tailor my website around a 3rd party app. I want a 3rd party app to work with my existing software (postnuke and Gallery).
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by TriangleRocks
    And for a single blog, with one author, Movable Type is free!!!

I use mo:Blog to do exactly what is described here. I take a picture, post it to my site with some text.....see this entry, and note the tagline at the bottom....

-TR1
    Thanks, that's some great info. I appreciate it.
    Why not write an email agent that runs on your server. When a photo is e-mailed as an attachment to the agent, the agent stores the photo in the gallery and composes a new page on the postnuke site with links and images referred to in the gallery ?

You could have one separate email address for each department in your blog.