1.    #1  
    H,i non-judgemental users. Hard to believe: Didn't have any desk or lap top when I bought my Sprint650 last April. Was told by Sales guy I didn't need lap/desktop, either. Bought last Treo650 in stock. The box had been opened. I knew better but I was desperate.Bought it. -Can't dload acrobat reader,etc.-Got a 1 gig sd card. Went to Adobe's site.They say they have no Mac/Palm reader downloadable.
    I am messed up from spinal injury ... surgery(LongStory). Am unable to shop,housebound,alone. Planned to get G4 Pwrbook when I figured out which size I wanted & could physically manage. Love my 650 so much(ergonomically) I didn't really need anything else, yet. However,it appears I must install Treo software on something & get updates to function. So... I just got a new 12"pbook but am Really Nervous setting it up to sync with Treo650.
    Q: What's up with no AcrobatReader for Palm.What do I do? Get a Windull laptop? 1) I never installed palm desktop on anything yet. Acrobat isn't on palm desktop, is it? Help! & Thanks in advance. lazy lyrigal
    Sorry about your injury, I've got a crapped up back too, but nothing like what it sounds like you're dealing with...

Anyways, Palm Desktop will install fine on Macs.

There is an Acrobat reader for Palms, I'm not sure if it has a Mac version though. The Palm file itself isn't the problem, the roadblock is that Acrobat files first need to be converted on your computer before they can be read on your device. So I'm not sure if there is a Mac flavor for that. (I use both Mac & PC's, but do all my syncing via my PC's)

There are other alternatives for acrobat files, Picsel for one. DataViz is said to have a native reader in the next version of Docs To Go, so you may want to hold out for that.

I just went over to Adobes site, and the converter is available for Macs:

Three versions of Adobe Reader for Palm OS are available for download.
    Version 3.05

* Supports Macintosh and Microsoft® Windows® operating systems
    * Displays color Adobe PDF files on color Palm OS devices
    * Allows the transfer and viewing of Adobe Digital Rights Management (DRM) protected eBooks
    * Allows access to Adobe PDF files from various storage devices
    * Displays Adobe Photoshop Album slide shows
    * Enables printing using the EFI PrintMe network (English version only)
    * Available languages: English (French, German, Italian, Japanese, and Spanish to follow)
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Here's the link for Adobe Reader:

http://www.adobe.com/products/acroba...erforpalm.html

(Guess I should've given it earlier...DOH!)

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    speaking of which, does anybody know when that new version is going to be available. I remeber readin that a while ago. thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by td67mustang
    speaking of which, does anybody know when that new version is going to be available. I remeber readin that a while ago. thanks
    According to their press release:

http://www.dataviz.com/news/press/pr...d=128&product=
    Pricing and Availability

Demonstrations of this native PDF technology can be seen at the MobileFocus showcase event held at the Fairmont Hotel in San Francisco on Tuesday, September 27. In addition it will be on display at CTIA Wireless I.T. & Entertainment 2005 in both the DataViz booth (#1405) and the Palm booth (#311). Native PDF support will be added into a future version of Documents To Go to be released later this fall. Previous customers will be able to upgrade for $29.99 directly from DataViz. Documents To Go Premium Edition retails for $49.99 and is available directly from DataViz, as well as many retail and online stores including CompUSA and Handango.com

Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I personally CAN NOT WAIT for them to do this! I HATE the Palm version of Acrobat
    Here's the link for Adobe Reader:

http://www.adobe.com/products/acroba...erforpalm.html

(Guess I should've given it earlier...DOH!)
    Thanks for the link!
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by spiVeyx
    I personally CAN NOT WAIT for them to do this! I HATE the Palm version of Acrobat
    Don't we all. It's totally useless if you get a .pdf attachment through email.

Let's hope Acrobat2Go or whatever they'll call it, is all that we hope for.

Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    Thanks for the link!

Don't we all. It's totally useless if you get a .pdf attachment through email.

Let's hope Acrobat2Go or whatever they'll call it, is all that we hope for.
    agreed. Someone posted on here that they had a working app for converting pdfs on a mac. Cant remember exactly where.

BTW, love the new avatar.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    I have Acrobat reader for Mac and Palm and I can look at PDFs on my Treo 650. Are you saying you can't, or that you'd rather use the Docs to Go version when it comes out?
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcD
    I have Acrobat reader for Mac and Palm and I can look at PDFs on my Treo 650. Are you saying you can't, or that you'd rather use the Docs to Go version when it comes out?
    Files need to be converted before you can view them on your Treo, you can't view a native file. So, if you're on the Treo, and get a pdf file in an email attachment, you can't view it with Adobe Reader.

DataViz will supposedly be able to read native pdf files.

I stand unconfused.