1.    #1  
    I upgraded to the latest version of MSafe and now it seems to be acting strangely. I have my system set up to reset automatically, turn off the radio, back up, the turn back on the radio, then reset again. With the prior version of MSafe when I wake up and turn on my screen it would show it as locked, as it should since I have it set to lock on system reset. Now, it only seems to do this intermittently. Also, if I get an SMS overnight, when I turn on my screen it shows the SMS and is not locked. Anyone else have any issues with the new version?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    I've got mSafe 3.8 running but haven't had any issues with it. I have "lock on reset" set, and it's worked very consistently. I've had a number of forced and unplanned resets lately, so it's been thoroughly tested

I haven't had an SMS come in overnight, so haven't seen that particular problem. After you ack the sms, it doesn't revert to locked? I could understand modal windows taking precedence over the locked screen, but once the sms window is gone, I'd expect it to be back in locked state.

What app are you using to do the auto reset? Could that be conflicting with mSafe somehow?
  3.    #3  
    I use TreoHelper to turn the radio on/off and LookAtMe to run Mreset at the two times.
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    I assume this is the same setup you've been using for awhile without changes. Kinda hard to imagine why TreoHelper or LookAtMe would cause a conflict and mReset definitely shouldn't considering it's also a MotionApps app.

In another post I saw you are using BackupBuddy and BackupMan. Are you doing the reset sequence because of one of them? I've seen posts where people had BBVFS problems, but I personally never have. I'm using ProfileCare to shut down the radio at 11:30p (to save battery) - BBVFS runs at 11:45p. I haven't seen a need to do any resets before or after.

One last thought - since mSafe will trap for a wipe/delete sms, is it possible it lets other sms through and doesn't auto-lock as it should? If so, it sounds like a bug.

Sorry I can't help further.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I have a very stable Treo and the only new application I want to install is msafe. I installed it about two weeks ago and set it up to only lock/wipe phone after sending an SMS. I tested it and it locked like it was supposed to. After unlocking, it would lock after the phone would turn off (screen off, not power) even though I did not set it to do that. It happened about 3 times and didn't lock after that. Unfortunately, my phone began resetting (reset caused by preferences) at random times and losing saved preferences. I hard reset without installing msafe and everything is back to normal. I emailed motionapps and am waiting for a response. I want to try to install again, but first want to see what their support tells me.

Are there any known applications that conflict with msafe?
    A long time ago, I ran into a conflict b/t mSafe 3.5 beta and Butler but that was resolved when mSafe 3.5 (prod) came out. Since then, it's been fine for me.
    After unlocking, it would lock after the phone would turn off (screen off, not power) even though I did not set it to do that.
    This sounds like you had "lock on power off" set in the Security app (instead of "lock after x minutes"). That's similar, but unrelated, to mSafe.

One other thing to note is that you need to do a soft reset after installing mSafe so that it can hook into the boot sequence. I think this automatically happens if you install via hotsync, but might need to do it manually if you installed it from an sd card, Blazer d/l or email.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000
    A long time ago, I ran into a conflict b/t mSafe 3.5 beta and Butler but that was resolved when mSafe 3.5 (prod) came out. Since then, it's been fine for me.

This sounds like you had "lock on power off" set in the Security app (instead of "lock after x minutes"). That's similar, but unrelated, to mSafe.

One other thing to note is that you need to do a soft reset after installing mSafe so that it can hook into the boot sequence. I think this automatically happens if you install via hotsync, but might need to do it manually if you installed it from an sd card, Blazer d/l or email.
    I remember looking in the settings and I had it under "never lock." I don't usually lock my phone. I only want to lock it if I lose it, which is why I want msafe to not cause problems. I only insall using hotsync, so if it does it automatically then it did reset, though I don't remember.
  8.    #8  
    Yes, I've had this set up for a while and this only started happening (or not happening) when I upgrading to the newer version of MSafe. Strange (and not good).
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    I tried mSafe and really wanted to like it. It's advertized functionality sounds like a must-have to me.

But, I was getting lock-outs at all sorts of unusual times. The worst was after sending a test SMS lock-out message. It would keep locking me out over and over unless I did a reset. It would lock-out for the reset (per my settings) and then act OK for a while. But, I still would get unexpected lockouts from time to time. I reproduced this a few times with several lock-out sms message tests.

It made me crazy and I had to uninstall. When I did, I found a bunch of SMS lockout messages suddenly appear in my messaging app. No sure where they were hiding before that, but they probably were contributing to the problem.

I reported the problem and they said they were aware of the issue after an SMS message was sent, but had no idea about my other lock-outs.

I'll try again when they come out with 3.9

Cheers,
    ChickenHawk
    Treo 755p / Sprint
    I just had the same experience with Msafe. Tested in once and after that my Treo was totally unstable. Had to delete it.
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    I've also had the problem of mSafe sometimes locking my Treo after rebooting, sometimes not.

After much investigating, I found a conflict between Resco Locker and mSafe. After deleting Resco Locker (not just turning it off) mSafe has been working fine. Fingers crossed.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by badler
    I've also had the problem of mSafe sometimes locking my Treo after rebooting, sometimes not.

After much investigating, I found a conflict between Resco Locker and mSafe. After deleting Resco Locker (not just turning it off) mSafe has been working fine. Fingers crossed.
    Well, I do have Resco Locker and would hate to have to get rid of it.
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Hmmm, that's odd. I have had both RL and mSafe 3.8 on my Sprint 650 for months and have never seen a conflict. I don't lock mSafe, so there shouldn't be any interaction. For me at least, mSafe consistently locks the phone when the radio is turned off (every night) as well as when I pop the SD card out.