Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AnteL0pe
    is it possible to remove the miniplug?
    Well, the answer to that is: yes. Too easily!
    I received mine yesterday and the very first time I removed the Treo from the dock, the mini plug remained in the Treo. To the seller's credit, they answered my email within minutes and promised a replacement. I was skeptical whether the design problem was inherent to the design, but it seems that the few other people who have reported on it here have not had the same problem.
    So I have to wait to pass further judgement.
    So what we're seeing here is that there's demand for a doc like this, but this one just isn't ready for purchase. Too bad. I wanted to buy it.
    Despite giving it an over all C, I am kind of getting used to putting my phone on it and at $35 with shipping, you will not get anything comparable. My grade probably would have been better if it had come ready for U.S. users.
    I got mine today, everything is working fine (so far) The sound & quality is about what I expected for $35.... I have it on my nightstand, makes for a nice lil clock radio
    Last edited by R1_Rydah; 11/04/2005 at 09:37 AM.
  5.    #45  
    I also got mine today and you definitely get what you pay for. Only played with it for a few minutes but overall I'm pleased with it. The power doesn't bother me because I was going to plug it into usb anyways. I'm a fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisl
    Well, the answer to that is: yes. Too easily!
    I received mine yesterday and the very first time I removed the Treo from the dock, the mini plug remained in the Treo.
    Haha, well not exactly what i meant.... With the combo of subpar audio and the brit plug i'll pass on this one.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by AnteL0pe
    Haha, well not exactly what i meant.... With the combo of subpar audio and the brit plug i'll pass on this one.

Mine is perfect. Sound quality like I said earlier, you get what you pay for.
    Bah. Mine doesn't work out of the box. Shoot.
    Latest moBlog shot:
    Even though I haven't gotten my replacement yet, they were very kind (a little broken English) and understanding of getting me a replacement dock. Just report it to them...
    I got my replacement the other night. I have to give them credit for shipping this right out, no questions asked. They told me not to return the first one, which I guess makes sense as I would cost more to ship it back than they could get.
    As to quality, well, it's not going to put Bose out of business, and I wouldn't lay odds on how long the adapter is going to hold, but for the price it's nice. It's odd though, when I plug it in, I get an device not recognized, and it doesn't even want to load the regular palm driver, but I cancelled, and am still able to sync.
    Another problem is that my Cingular Treo has a particularly bad spreaker buzz, so if you want to leave it in here overnight to charge by your bed like I do, it can get annoying. I can turn the speaker down, but then I can't use the mp3 alarm like I wanted to.
    Again, $30. for this as opposed to $170. for the Altec Lansing one, heck I can deal with it.
    Hey everybody - anymore feedback on the music dock???

I wanted to purchase one from Brando but they are "Out Of Stock" Does anyone know where else I can purchase one from elsewhere, or am I just SOL?
    Last edited by wcraymond; 11/29/2005 at 01:50 PM.
    I'm curious if anyone found a USA usb plug that will work with this? I'd rather not get an EUR-US adapter if a smaller plug is working for anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by manielse
    I'm curious if anyone found a USA usb plug that will work with this? I'd rather not get an EUR-US adapter if a smaller plug is working for anyone.
    this is all you need http://store.treocentral.com/content...es/5-19--3.htm the dock comes with a mini usb to usb cable. (fyi you can probably find the plug cheaper on eBay)
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah
    this is all you need http://store.treocentral.com/content...es/5-19--3.htm the dock comes with a mini usb to usb cable. (fyi you can probably find the plug cheaper on eBay)
    Have you actually tried this adapter with the music dock? The reason why I ask is because I bought one on eBay (as you mentioned) that should have worked (don't have specs on me but matched EUR adapter) but didn't make the blue light turn on.

Just being carefull before I buy the one you mentioned.
    Quote Originally Posted by wcraymond
    Hey everybody - anymore feedback on the music dock???

I wanted to purchase one from Brando but they are "Out Of Stock" Does anyone know where else I can purchase one from elsewhere, or am I just SOL?
    http://www.mobileplanet.com/us/product.asp?code=124815
    Quote Originally Posted by manielse
    Have you actually tried this adapter with the music dock? The reason why I ask is because I bought one on eBay (as you mentioned) that should have worked (don't have specs on me but matched EUR adapter) but didn't make the blue light turn on.

Just being carefull before I buy the one you mentioned.
    I'm using the adaptor from the eBay auction that I mentioned earlier in the thread. Does your eBay adaptor look like this? http://mywebpages.comcast.net/r1_rydah/ac001.jpg http://mywebpages.comcast.net/r1_rydah/ac002.jpg

I haven't tried the T.C. store adaptor so I can't say 100% that it will work. Did you buy your eBay adaptor from the same seller in the link I posted?

The specs on my adaptor are as follows...
    Model No: TR613
    INPUT: 100-240VAC, 200mA. 50-60Hz
    OUTPUT: 5.0V 1.0A, 5.0W(MAX)

what all that means I don't have the slightest... lol But it works with my dock. Good luck
    HTC Touch Pro
    Just wondering, but why not just get a Seidio Innodock with Audio out port and then just plugin any decent pair or portal speaker you have?

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...PROD&ProdID=38

Yeah, it would be more expensive, but at least you could plugin some quality speakers...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Interesting update on this one. At least it was to me:

I opened the thing up becuase the seating was loose. And guess what I found? The audio plug is not connected to anything. But the sound is definitely coming through the speakers in the cradle. So I guess the jack is just there to manually switch the speaker mode. But the sound is coming through the sync connector.
    I guess that explains why the sound is not so hot, and I haven 't tested, but I assume it's mono.

Does this make sense?
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisl
    Interesting update on this one. At least it was to me:

I opened the thing up becuase the seating was loose. And guess what I found? The audio plug is not connected to anything. But the sound is definitely coming through the speakers in the cradle. So I guess the jack is just there to manually switch the speaker mode. But the sound is coming through the sync connector.
    I guess that explains why the sound is not so hot, and I haven 't tested, but I assume it's mono.

Does this make sense?

Makes sense...you can conenct via audio bridge through the multiconnector. In fact Seidio sells an audio connector via the multiconnector for example...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I've been watching this thread.

I just got a Treo 650 (after having a 300 for three years). I ordered a 2.5mm to 3.5mm jack from TC. It will be here today. I'm going to be using it at work to plug my 650 into a Logitech 2.1 computer speaker system.

While I understand the coolness factor of plugging the 650 (like an iPod) omtp a doc, I don't think you can beat the cost/performance ratio of my setup. I'm pretty certain it will work well as I've already tested my office setup with a co-worker's mp3 player. Having a subwoofer really makes a difference.

I'll be trying it on Monday.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast