Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I asked them if it would work in the US, here's what they said (response came in <5 minutes!):

Hi Andrew,

I am sorry that the package is with UK plug.
    You can get a power adapter, change it to UK to US plug.
    Or you can get this AC to USB adapter for it.
    http://shop.brando.com.hk/bwactousbadapter2kma.php

Or, the simply way is charge by USB port.

Thank you!

Brando
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTreo
    I asked them if it would work in the US, here's what they said (response came in <5 minutes!):

Hi Andrew,

I am sorry that the package is with UK plug.
    You can get a power adapter, change it to UK to US plug.
    Or you can get this AC to USB adapter for it.
    http://shop.brando.com.hk/bwactousbadapter2kma.php

Or, the simply way is charge by USB port.

Thank you!

Brando
    BTW, that piece costs $20. Anyone know of a cheaper solution for the US?
    I think I'll be ordering this as soon as someone (either here or some news source) gets one and reviews it. This is exactly what I was looking and the price is right. I might need to put them around my house. It'll be cheaper than a Sonos system

Does anyone know if I can hook this up to my stereo and use it as just a simple pass-through to that source? I've got a surround system in the living room and it would be good to use those speakers rather than these, but I like the idea of a cradle. Perhaps the InnoDock is the better solution there. I guess I just thought that was expensive for what it was.
    Did you look to look what a UK/US converter costs? I think it's under $20 and would have the bonus use if you ever travel abroad.
    Interesting exchange rate on the Brando site. The Music Dock is 6.875 HK dollars to US dollars, while that converter is 7.5 HK to US.
    Since the plug attaches to a USB cable, I was hoping I could use any old USB/power plug. Do you think that would work?
    I've been looking for something like this too. I hate the web of cables I need to listen to music.
  8.    #28  
    Probably should have looked into that a bit more. I'll deal with it.
    This is exactly what I've wanted for a long time! Now, I just need an Alarm program that plays MP3s.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxtreo
    Looks cool, but can I expect satisfactory quality for $32? That's what I paid for my Seidio Innodock and it only has an audio jack.
    I'm thinking the same thing. I want to wait and hear what the '1st to order people' have to say about it.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    I would just get a usb to usb cable, that way you can hook it to your pc, or to wall outlet, or cigarette lighter. you can probably get one from best buy or compusa for $10 or less...

I brought a generic sync cable/battery/ac plug/cigarette plug on eBay for $20 and everything is interchangable with my usb to usb cord http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=5808254648 works fine with my seidio battery charger also.

*edit* oops I just noticed it comes with a usb to usb plug so scratch my earlier recomendation, but the kit I bought from eBay would be a good addition
    The speaker unit doesnt have a battery, does it? I want to be able to use this out side, so unless it has a battery it is useless to me
    well, shouldnt say useless, since it is the same price as a regular dock
    <edited for more descriptive title>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Ok, mine showed up last night and I really hate the fact that I'm the first on to review it.

The one I received doesn't work. When I plug the USB cable into the computer, I get get the blue light to turn on but it does nothing with my 650. No sound, no sync, no charge. So I got a bad unit (that I'm about to notify them on).

After having it in hand, I can say that getting the US adapter will be well worth it. If it only had a battery which really would make this shine (if it worked).

I'm hoping other can give better reviews but that's my first experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by manielse
    Ok, mine showed up last night and I really hate the fact that I'm the first on to review it.

The one I received doesn't work. When I plug the USB cable into the computer, I get get the blue light to turn on but it does nothing with my 650. No sound, no sync, no charge. So I got a bad unit (that I'm about to notify them on).

After having it in hand, I can say that getting the US adapter will be well worth it. If it only had a battery which really would make this shine (if it worked).

I'm hoping other can give better reviews but that's my first experience.
    what day did you order? I'm just trying to figure out when to expect it? Oh yeah how did they ship it? UPS, US mail Fedex, etc?
    I bought on 10/25 and I don't recall the shipper as I'm not home right now.
    I love to waste money so I bought one. Comes with a stereo to stereo mini plug and a usb cable and charger. usb cable is fine but charger is for UK so I have usb plugged into the computer for power. I can only get the thing to play mono. Treo plugs in by pushing it down on device. Seems to me that this will eventually lead to a bad audio plug. Overall, c-, about what you should expect for $35 including overseas shipping. At least now I can take my other charger somewhere.
    Got second speaker working by tapping it a little until the mini plug aligns just right. Raised the grade to C. Sound OK, a little hum in speakers between songs.
    is it possible to remove the miniplug? I really dont want to kill the audio jack on my treo and i dont use it to play music anyway, i have an ipod.

I would like to use the aux in for the ipod though
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast