Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    How does callfilter compare to lightwav? If I have a 650, do you think callfilter be worth waiting for? Because if I buy lightwav now, I'm not going to want to buy callfilter.... I suppose I could do a trial of the "current" callfilter and a trial of lightwav to see, but if anyone has done the comparison already, feel free to share. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhyte
    How does callfilter compare to lightwav? If I have a 650, do you think callfilter be worth waiting for? Because if I buy lightwav now, I'm not going to want to buy callfilter.... I suppose I could do a trial of the "current" callfilter and a trial of lightwav to see, but if anyone has done the comparison already, feel free to share. Thanks.
    Unfortunately, there is currntly no CallFilter for the 650. This is (apparently) an ongoing project. If it ever happens, it will beat the competition. If you need it now, find alternatives.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    You can download it now over at mytreo.net
    1.3 WORKS on my Sprint 650!!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I just updated my Sprint 650 with 1.3 (I have been with Callfilter since my 600 2 years ago!!) and I have not had time to test everything yet. But I did overlook some of the new features and recognized that support for MIDI is missing on SMS! I hope this doesnt stay that way, but the added LED control for incoming calls and voicemail is great! And the location addition is nice but I will love the addition of the built-in mp3 player, if it works as advertised! I hate losing my spot on my playlist when a call comes through!!
    This is my first experience with CallFilter at all and all I can say is WOW. What a clean layout and great functionality.

Everything seems to be working except a feature that really opened my eyes, playing MP3s (or other types ) in the background WHILE on the phone. I can just imagine the possibilities. Recording the sound of inside your car for those 'im on the way' conversations.... and so much more. Anyone got that feature to work?

If all the features offered work, I'm in on this for sure. Great app.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Call filter was the main reason I kept the Treo for so long...when it was no longer available I moved to Windows Mobile. I sure hope there will be a WM 5 sometime in the near future, since the new Treo will be on this OS. This may be THE best of all PDA phone software....

Will people who already have paid $30 for the software last year have to buy it again or is this a free upgrade?
    It's a free update.

FWIW, my first impression isn't good. I got a reset (fatal exception) upon running CallFilter 1.3 for the 1st time.

Hopefully it was just a fluke, but if it resets my phone, it's gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick
    It's a free update.

FWIW, my first impression isn't good. I got a reset (fatal exception) upon running CallFilter 1.3 for the 1st time.

I got the same thing, and also noticed some severe DBcache battering. It slowed PTunes to a stuttering crawl sometimes and twice reset the device when it completely ran out of DBcache space.

I'll wait for 1.4. Still needs a lot of NVFS optimization.
    Man, I want to like this application, but it's reset city. Did they test this app? How frequently do they normally update their apps? My 5 day functional trial might not be enough if it keeps resetting like this...
    I have a T600 and 1.2 worked without difficulty. I also have Butler installed to overide the LED settings and keep the LED off. I've noticed that with any outgoing call, the LED immediately returns to its "normal" lit state and I have to open Butler and reset the LED. After reverting to 1.2 the problem resolved.
    If you go to mytreo dot net and get some info off of the dedicated velocityware forum, you may find some answers to these problems. I found a bug with the included vplayer (which freed up pTunes) and Rob was more than speedy in coordination efforts to fix that! Or you can go to his website (velocityware dot com) and email him direct. I have had Callfilter since the early 600 days, and I have found this program absolutely necessary for the last 2 years that I have had it! (Yes, I had v1.2 working on my 650 since May).
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    It's a free update.

Well, that's good and bad to hear. I hope that it will be working reliably for those of you who still use Treos...
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Crashes since installing CallFilter 1.3:

Palm Internals
    Resco Backup
    Phone 1.0 (3 times today!)

Sorry I parted with my $29.00
    Yes! besides pocket lingo, this is my favorite palm app! finally made it to the 650, been waiting 1 yr
    Quote Originally Posted by wbwjr
    Crashes since installing CallFilter 1.3:

Palm Internals
    Resco Backup
    Phone 1.0 (3 times today!)

Sorry I parted with my $29.00
    On the first day of installing CallFilter 1.3 my 650 began to lock up every night when Resco Backup ran it's scheduled backup. In addition, my saved and unsaved preferences would corrupt. I had to replace them from the backup. On the second day I began to have random crashes during the day and also pref file corruption. Even a manually triggered soft reset would damage the prefs. I deleted Resco Backup and reinstalled, but that did not help.

I removed CallFilter using DeInstaller. The crashes actually increased for a day until I deleted Resco Backup again, reinstalled it and set it's preferences again. No problems since.

I have no clue what the problem is but exactly the same thing occured on my phone and my wife's. I have stopped using CallFilter since I need backup more than I need call filtering.
    I see CallFilter is getting rave reviews, and sales are through the roof (just got an email from mytreo.net saying how 1st day sales of CallFilter broke records, etc).

Question to those using it: How stable is it? I like the app, and want to buy it, but stability is critical. CallFilter caused my Sprint 650 (latest updates) to reset very frequently. Overall, it caused my entire device to be unstable.
    I had stability problems with CF 1.3 also, but it seems they're working on it. My treo isn't hugely stable to begin with, so I've started twearking with things to try and get it solid. I run Butler, VC, and Ringo right now and have been seeing crashes, so I took Butler off and want to see if that makes my phone more CF friendly. I"m not holding my breath, though.
    I see CallFilter is getting rave reviews, and sales are through the roof (just got an email from mytreo.net saying how 1st day sales of CallFilter broke records, etc).

Question to those using it: How stable is it? I like the app, and want to buy it, but stability is critical. CallFilter caused my Sprint 650 (latest updates) to reset very frequently. Overall, it caused my entire device to be unstable.
    its free to try.......................

I'm not trying to be an hard a$$, but if you notice some people have issues, some dont. I for one do not - I think it all depends on the indiviual treo config. Try it, if it is stable 4U, I'm sure it will be a good addition. For clarifiaction its CF 1.3 for the 650.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast