1.    #1  
    Can you seasoned palmos/visor users out there give me (new visor owner) some advice on how to cleanly keep my visor synced up with two PC's as follows:

Work:
    - Calendar - sync both ways
    - Tasks/todo - sync both ways
    - Addresses - sync both ways

Home:
    - Calendar - only add to Visor

Also at home, occasionally I just want to add a program
    that I downloaded (.PRC file) to the Visor without all the other stuff attempting to update..
    thanks
    Just do a normal install at work and home. At your home computer click on the hotsync icon in the system tray (I assume you're using windows), click custom, change everything to "do nothing" except for datebook. Leave datebook to "synchronize the files". There are other options (including doing nothing) but this avoids all potential problems and speeds up your home hotsync.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    ****, I don't think that completely addresses his problem as he asks for Home:
    - Calendar - only add to Visor

I take this to mean that he does not want his work schedule on his home PC. I don't think that's possible right now. Maybe WeSync or another web based service has this capability?

dbm1957, it would be helpful to know what PIMs are being used in each location.
  4.    #4  
    Yes that is what I want.
    I am using Outlook 2000 on both PCs.
    Thanks very much for the quick replies
    PocketMirror 3.0 Pro allows syncing by category... perhaps this is a solution to the Calendar problem?
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Does Intellisync offer something along those lines? HotSync Manager can't add information to the visor without updating the desktop calander as well. I'd just add information to the visor and leave the home computer out of the equation. To only install software and never anything else click on the HotSync icon in the system tray and select "do nothing" for everything but the install and set that as the default.
    -Joshua
    Originally posted by MarkEagle
    PocketMirror 3.0 Pro allows syncing by category... perhaps this is a solution to the Calendar problem?
    I didn't think the calander offered a category option. Am I wrong?
    -Joshua
    Originally posted by ****-richardson
    I didn't think the calander offered a category option. Am I wrong?
    The options for syncing the Calendar in PocketMirror are:

Single folder:
    1) Handheld category = Outlook's "Categories" field
    2) Handheld category = user-defined field "PalmPilot Category"

or

Handheld category = Outlook folder

Either the Outlook "Category" or Outlook folder approach should work, me thinks
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
  9.    #9  
    Thanks again for all the replies. This is the best Q/A site I've run accross, and I've checked a few....
    I like ****-Richardsons 2nd to the last comments of just
    adding 'home' stuff manually to the visor. And if I need to install a program, set all the other categories in Hot Sync to do nothing. This is a good compromise, and I was missing the point of how to only add programs w/out messing up my date book,etc. with home "junk".

I have read somewhere that Intellisync will handle this case somewhat better, but don't want to spend $79 right now (already a bit in the doghouse over the $$$ for the Handspring Platinum....
    thanks
    Originally posted by dbm1957
    This is a good compromise, and I was missing the point of how to only add programs w/out messing up my date book,etc. with home "junk".
    You can also try this tip to setup a custom HotSync for any particular conduit (or combination of). It works great when used for an Install Only sync. I've used this to setup numerous specialized HotSyncs.
    MarkEagle
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    Originally posted by dbm1957
    I like ****-Richardsons 2nd to the last comments of just
    adding 'home' stuff manually to the visor.
    I just don't shut up, do I? I read that and had one of those moments where you comprehend how you come across to other people with astounding clarity.
    I have read somewhere that Intellisync will handle this case somewhat better, but don't want to spend $79 right now (already a bit in the doghouse over the $$$ for the Handspring Platinum....
    thanks
    I'm still buying flowers because of the Prism. Can't wait to try and explain the Six Pak when it comes out .
    -Joshua
    To All:

I am trying to get clear idea on keeping Co. email/home
    email as separate folders. Same with contacts. Can PocketMirror Pro do this or do I need to combine with Intellisync. Using outlook & 98.

I guess what I would do is make home contacts in a folder and go back and mark them all private. Not sure about email yet.

I have been waiting for better understanding before syncing work laptop.

Any help would be great!!

Regards: Brian S.