Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by jrfaris
    Thanks for the response. What benefits have you noticed from 5.20?
    I haven't seen any changes in the software. I have noticed twice now I have received and error of "not enough dbcache to run this program". I have never had that before. It will go away only if I reset the device.
    Quote Originally Posted by vittogn
    I'm worried that they do not want to hear from us any more as our beauty, to be honest, is not the most stable PDA ever!!!!!!!!!

The other side of the coin is that Palm is still selling the bundle and my hope is that this update will be good for us as it should be oriented to PDA Phone (I hope not only those working on WM5!!!!).
    When I spoke to a Tom Tom Guy at the weekend @the pocketGPSworld event he said the the Treo 650 was more stable than the similar looking HP model running Window Mobile!
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Holux GPSlim236 GPS BT receiver & Tom Tom v5.201
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    I haven't seen any changes in the software. I have noticed twice now I have received and error of "not enough dbcache to run this program". I have never had that before. It will go away only if I reset the device.
    I'll be using mine on the road tonight so I'll see if there are any noticable changes other than the one posted by Marcol saying that the overlocking problem has gone now. I've not yet suffered the "not enough dbcache to run this program" error yet. At least we know how to deal with that one - soft reset. Lets hope Palm fix the DBCache in the next firmware release that is due out soon.
    I've seen a few messages touch on this, but no real answer.

So ... Does the new version still support BT GPS devices with the Treo 650?

I find it hard to believe they'd drop that support, but I'd like to hear from someone who has actually tried it successfully.

Thanks,
    ChickenHawk
    Treo 755p / Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenHawk

I find it hard to believe they'd drop that support, but I'd like to hear from someone who has actually tried it successfully.

Thanks,
    ChickenHawk
    I have a Delorme Bluelogger and after the update, it still works just fine.
    The dbcache error is a Treo 650 issue and is completely gone after I upgraded to 1.51FW (Cingular 1.17 upgrade).
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    I have a Delorme Bluelogger and after the update, it still works just fine.
    Thanks, John. I guess I'll install it then. I believe in staying current on software.

To those who say, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" I'd say that if TomTom came out with yet another release so quickly they must be fixing something, even if they've decided not to doc it for us.

Anyway, I'm going to put it on.

Cheers,
    ChickenHawk
    Treo 755p / Sprint
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    After working with 5.2, I started getting "not enough free DB Cache memory to run this application" . Seemed to happen when I would be using TT5 and a phone call came in. I would answer the call. When finished I would have to re-open the program and I would get this error. Only way to solve it is with soft reset. May have to go back to 5.12
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenHawk

Thanks,
    ChickenHawk
    Yes. Bluetooth still supported.

But no official support for wired.
    Quote Originally Posted by wbwjr
    After working with 5.2, I started getting "not enough free DB Cache memory to run this application" . Seemed to happen when I would be using TT5 and a phone call came in. I would answer the call. When finished I would have to re-open the program and I would get this error. Only way to solve it is with soft reset. May have to go back to 5.12
    Did you ever get this to work or did you have to go back to 5.12?
    Are other users who have performed this upgrade getting the same error? I realize a soft reset is supposed to remedy this issue, but even a soft reset isn't doing it for me. I'm likely going to have to go back to 5.12.

Additionally, I am on a Cingular Treo 650 running 1.15 firmware. I haven't upgraded my firmware yet because I have heard that TT users have had issues with the upgrade. Can anyone confirm this?

Finally, since I'm obviously not the only one having problems retaining Favorites/Routes/etc., does the upgrade to 5.201 (or a firmware upgrade) remedy this issue?

Regards,
    Dave
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123