Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vittogn
    Did you install 5.20 over 5.00 or over 5.12?

Waiting for your feed back, but your seems to be good news!!!!
    Installed over 5.120 (5200), the only previous version I've used.

What about Hotsync error? Probably with mac is different from Windows.
    I'm afraid I haven't really followed the story of the Hotsync problems. I didn't have any problems with 5.12 and don't seem to have any now.
    I removed 5.12 from my Treo's internal memory & all the assocoated files. Then I installed 5.201. Seems to be working ok so far.

Note that the Treo is not mentioned now as a supported device on Tom Tom's website!

I'm waiting for Tom Tom to confirm this.
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Holux GPSlim236 GPS BT receiver & Tom Tom v5.201
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeProcter
    I removed 5.12 from my Treo's internal memory & all the assocoated files. Then I installed 5.201. Seems to be working ok so far.

Note that the Treo is not mentioned now as a supported device on Tom Tom's website!

I'm waiting for Tom Tom to confirm this.
    Really???? I'm sure yesterday it was there!!!
    BTW if it works fine for you!!!!

Can you report if there are some improvement in answering a call? Can you use a BT headset to speak. Does it retain the rout once you hang up? Hotsync error?
    Forgive me for all this questions!!!!!!

I'm not expert in TT5, do you advice me to install the original version (5.00) and then 5.201 over? Have I to ignore 5.12?

Thanks.
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
    Really???? I'm sure yesterday it was there!!!
    BTW if it works fine for you!!!!
    I'm sure it was there last night too! It was part of a really messy list. They've cleaned up the list now and the 650 has disappeared in the process. My guess is that they just left it off by mistake.

EDIT:

It is on this list:

http://www.tomtom.com/products/features.php?ID=99

But not this one (it was on this one yesterday):

http://www.tomtom.com/products/featu...109&Language=1
    Last edited by marcol; 11/29/2005 at 07:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by marcol
    I'm sure it was there last night too! It was part of a really messy list. They've cleaned up the list now and the 650 has disappeared in the process. My guess is that they just left it off by mistake.
    I hope to be able to say in the next days: "You were right".

I'm worried that they do not want to hear from us any more as our beauty, to be honest, is not the most stable PDA ever!!!!!!!!!

The other side of the coin is that Palm is still selling the bundle and my hope is that this update will be good for us as it should be oriented to PDA Phone (I hope not only those working on WM5!!!!).
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad
    I discovered another bug in 5.12. Whenever Navigator is launched, it increases the files lock count (you can inspect this attribute in Resco explorer, possibly in FileZ). Eventually the file becomes "over-locked" and the Treo resets.

I believe the problem described in the first post is also minimized by _not_ locking Navigator with Resco Locker.
    The latest version of ttn - 5.201 doesn't seem to increase the files lock count any more - after many start/stop/restarts - 22 possibly, the file lock said 0, yes zero.

Maybe, even though tom tom do not support the Treo any more, they have solved one of our niggles!
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeProcter
    Maybe, even though tom tom do not support the Treo any more, they have solved one of our niggles!
    What do you mean by "even though TomTom do not support the Treo anymore"? They just released an update didn't they? I want to make sure I don't buy something that is no longer being supported.
    Why are you guys deleting all of the TomTom files before performing the upgrade??

Don't you lose all of your Options settings and any Favorites or POIs you added?

Thanks,
    ChickenHawk
    Treo 755p / Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenHawk
    Why are you guys deleting all of the TomTom files before performing the upgrade??

Don't you lose all of your Options settings and any Favorites or POIs you added?

Thanks,
    ChickenHawk
    Yes I do lose all my data. I do it so that it works without the above mentioned problems.

I don't use favorites much & settings only take a few minutes to sort out. & I rarely go to see the same client twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    What do you mean by "even though TomTom do not support the Treo anymore"? They just released an update didn't they? I want to make sure I don't buy something that is no longer being supported.
    Check out the support pages on Tom Tom. The Treo is no longer on the compatable list. I'm waiting for Tom Tom to confirm this to me.

I met a Tom Tom guy at the pocketGPSworld event in basingstoke on saturday & he implied that the Treo was going to be supported with wired devices & that it is more stable that the HP offering.

What a plonker - I've been looking on the 'wired' page & not the 'bluetooth' page - the Treo is still listed.
    I just installed it, no deleting anything, like the diections said, just run the installer and hotsync, done works fine.
    Just to confirm, the Treo is still supported for Bluetooth only on the Treo 650 at present.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael355
    I just installed it, no deleting anything, like the diections said, just run the installer and hotsync, done works fine.
    Michael355,
    Do you have a European or US Nav 5 package? The update is not yet listed on the US support site. I'm looking for someone who has successfully updated a US package.
    I have US and updated without any problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    I have US and updated without any problems.
    Thanks for the response. What benefits have you noticed from 5.20?
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    I just updated as well (US) and everything went smoothly following their instructions. I did not delete any files before the update. I'll try and see if I notice any differences tomorrow.
    Installed the upgrade 5.2 today to the sd card via hotsync/ Missing Sync. Everything appears to be working except for voice. Had no voices loaded. They were there before the u/g. Loaded voices from app cd and now all works as advertized.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrfaris
    Michael355,
    Do you have a European or US Nav 5 package? The update is not yet listed on the US support site. I'm looking for someone who has successfully updated a US package.
    Yup mine is also the US version, will use it on the way to work tommorrow see if any difference.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    So what we're *not* seeing anywhere is what difference this upgrade really makes. Unless there are some specific improvements, if it ain't broke, perhaps it's best not to "fix" it...
    Quote Originally Posted by pdadoc
    So what we're *not* seeing anywhere is what difference this upgrade really makes. Unless there are some specific improvements, if it ain't broke, perhaps it's best not to "fix" it...
    I sent Tomtom support an email asking if this would benefit US users with Version 5.12. In the past, it has taken about a week to get a response so I'll likely to wait for a while before udpating.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast