1.    #1  
    Went to bed last night and battery was at 85%
    woke up this morning and phone wouldn't turn on, and alarm didn't go off
    I thought the battery was dead, but after an hour of charging and still nothing I removed the battery and put it back in and works like a champ.
    any ideas what could cause this.
    Did a search and couldn't find anything
    Hmmm....I dunno. But I find that doing regular soft resets on my Treo seem to do it good as well...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I actually had the exact same issue this morning. When I went to unplug my Treo 650 this morning, is was completely frozen. The status light was solid green and even stayed that way after I unplugged the power cable. I took out the battery and everything seems ok so far. FYI... I'm on Sprint in San Diego.
    I had the same situation. Upon removing and resetting the battery and performing the initial time/date routine, a popup window noting that my trial period of VolumeCare (Ver. 4.30) was present. I cleared the window and all was fine until auto-off, after which I could not turn on my Treo again. Went through entire process again with same results. The next time I removed Volume Care from my Treo and have not had the issue since.
    SONY Z100 (Sprint) --> Motorola StarTac 7868 (Sprint) --> Handspring Visor Deluxe --> Motorola V8160 (Verizon) --> Blackberry 957 (Cingular w/ GoodLink) --> PalmOne Treo 600 (TMobile w/ GoodLink) --> Treo 650 (Unlocked GSM on TMobile) with HBH-662 BT Headset --> Treo 700 w/x (Sprint) with iGuidance V3 / GlobalSat BT-359W GPS
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Interesting. The exact same thing happened to me this morning as well. I was getting the VC expiration error, but after I soft reset and deleted VC, everything was well again.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwman
    Interesting. The exact same thing happened to me this morning as well. I was getting the VC expiration error, but after I soft reset and deleted VC, everything was well again.
    I am sure this behavior has been addressed in VolumeCare V4.38 that was released today.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by dwman
    I appreciate the post! I just did some digging in the VolumeCare code and see the bug! I will have it fixed tonight.

Jeff
    As promissed, a new version of VolumeCare is available that fixes the bug reported in this thread! I really appreciate you taking the time to report this bug!

Jeff
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    As promissed, a new version of VolumeCare is available that fixes the bug reported in this thread! I really appreciate you taking the time to report this bug!

Jeff
    Jeff same volumecare issue here but as always, you are on top of things and respond in a timely fashion.