Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    HELP!!!

My phone reboots all the time when using it. It seems like it reboots when I switch from applications. I have updated to 1.12-spcs. I am running snapper mail and powerrun.

I need help. I am about to throw this dam phone in the trash!
    Have you added any apps to it lately?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by alexstjo1
    HELP!!!

My phone reboots all the time when using it. It seems like it reboots when I switch from applications. I have updated to 1.12-spcs. I am running snapper mail and powerrun.

I need help. I am about to throw this dam phone in the trash!

When did this start? As t2gungho said, what apps have you added lately?
    If this has been a since day one problem, did you upgrade from a prior Palm OS device, either PDA or Treo and did you just hotsync to your prior userid? If so, we have to some clean up to do and you will soon be best friends.
    (The Treo 650 chokes on software settings being brought forward from a prior device -- thus the constant resets.)

Let us know -- and we can start the fix.

Cheers, Perry.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    YES!

I had a samsung i300 before so maybe that is the problem. How do I clean up the i300 stuff???
    To create a clean TREO:

Did you install the Palm Desktop that came with the Treo 650? If not, do so, you can do it right over the top of the existing installation. (This puts some 650 conduits into place.)

HotSync.
    Hard Reset.
    Rename your backup folder on your PC to backupold
    (Programs>Palm>userid>backup to backupold)
    (Hopefully that's the path that Samsung used, but you get the idea.)
    (The backup folder houses the 3rd party software you have installed in case a back up from a hard reset is necessary -- renaming the folder takes it out of the loop.)
    Hot Sync.
    You should have a clean Treo with only your PIM data brought back.
    (PIM = appointments, memos, tasks, contacts)
    Now install your desired 3rd party software fresh -- NOT from a backup!
    When you Hot Sync again, a new backup folder is created, with the freshly installed 3rd party software backed up the way the 650 likes it.)

You should be good to go with no resets.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 10/25/2005 at 11:55 AM.