1.    #1  
    Maybe it is just my setup, but I find the Butler Keyguard clumsy to use.

It shows/flashes the little clock Icon, I press center button, it shows/flashes the clock Icon again then unlocks. It is very deceiving.

At a minimum, I think there should be a way/option, to keep the clock icon up until the button is pressed (i.e. no flashing). Even the longest setting for the display of the clock Icon still makes it flash.

Is this just my Treo 650 doing this?
    Last edited by pinfante; 10/24/2005 at 08:24 AM.
    Mine does it too...annoying.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
  3. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but on my Treo, it would often wind up "backwards" where the lock symbol appears when the Treo is unlocked, and disappears when it's locked. That's why I use the built-in keyguard.

I haven't used it in a while, so maybe on recent versions it's different.
    I bought Butler when I first got my Treo 650, but later realised that it doesn't actually do anything that is of benefit to me, so I stopped using it.

However, if there's a feature which you do want to use but which isn't as you would like it or malfunctions, then contact the developer! Have any of you done so?
    Yes, I emailed the developer 2 weeks ago....no response as of yet. I just stopped using it for now, so it has not been enough of a priority for me to hound him further.
    - Albert Einstein
    I'm not sure how it's deceiving, but it would certainly be more useful if the keyguard stayed up long enough to read the time. As far as the auto-off setting, that relates to how long the display stays on not the keyguard "display". I was surprised to find that this keyguard flashed so quickly. It pretty much renders it useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by 300MileTrip
    I'm not sure how it's deceiving, but it would certainly be more useful if the keyguard stayed up long enough to read the time. As far as the auto-off setting, that relates to how long the display stays on not the keyguard "display". I was surprised to find that this keyguard flashed so quickly. It pretty much renders it useless.
    Right, that's the issue i am having as well. Also, it sometimes required several presses of the center key to unlock as you had to "catch" it being displayed.
    - Albert Einstein
    Strange. I havent noticed that. It seems to work exactly as expected other than the quick flash instead of staying up long enough to read.
    Quote Originally Posted by 300MileTrip
    I'm not sure how it's deceiving, but it would certainly be more useful if the keyguard stayed up long enough to read the time.
    Under the menu, in "Preferences" you can choose how long the keyguard is displayed.
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetoad
    Under the menu, in "Preferences" you can choose how long the keyguard is displayed.
    Makes no difference, still flashes and disappears before you can read it. I will try contacting Rob again.
    - Albert Einstein
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Here is a good place to post if you want a response from the developer:

http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php/board,17.0.html
    Posted it there...will post here when I get a response.
    - Albert Einstein