1.    #1  
    Have screwed things up in versamail. Trying to figure out what the server settings for both Comcast and my own Cingular "mmode" email should be on Versamail. I can download my Comcast mail fine, but when trying to send, the smtp.comcast.net does not seem to work. Same thing for Cingular email. I'm a former ATTWS customer, on a 650. Clearly the drop down menu settings when choosing a service (when adding a new account to versamail, they automatically fill in servers) must be outdated or am I just missing something? Ironically, AOL Mail runs just fine...both receive and send. Can anyone suggest server settings?
    I know this is on snapper's web site, but the settings should work. Check here.

LG VX9800
    Motorola HS-850
    Linksys USBBT100
    Mobile Crossing BT GPS

(R.I.P.)
    VZW Treo 650
    Treo Side Case
    Have you deleted your Comcast account and then added it back?
  4.    #4  
    Yup...deleted several times...downloads mail fine, but errors out everytime when I try to send...
    I have this exact same issue (which I posted before finding this one). I used to be on Sprint, with a Treo 600, and also have Comcast as my ISP/email provider.

On Sprint, I use to set up mail software to use Comcast's incoming mail server, but couldn't use their outgoing mail server to send mail...they didn't allow connections to that server from outside their network. So instead, I used smtp.sprintpcs.com, which worked fine for sending email.

Now I have a new Treo 650 on Cingular, am still with Comcast as my ISP, and can't figure out how to send email using any program. I can still receive my mail fine, by setting up the incoming server as mail.comcast.net, but I can't send anything, because smtp.comcast.net won't allow it, and I haven't been able to find an outgoing server name in Cingular to use. I'd be interested in knowing how to make this all work, without getting a new mail account somewhere!
    Have you tried smtp.mymmode.com with you cingular username and password?

LG VX9800
    Motorola HS-850
    Linksys USBBT100
    Mobile Crossing BT GPS

(R.I.P.)
    VZW Treo 650
    Treo Side Case
    I have no idea what my "Cingular username and password" are...how and when would those have been assigned, or how would I find them?
    I'm not a Cingular customer, but I would expect either their web site or customer service to be helpful with this.

LG VX9800
    Motorola HS-850
    Linksys USBBT100
    Mobile Crossing BT GPS

(R.I.P.)
    VZW Treo 650
    Treo Side Case
    It is possible to use the Comcast smtp server on the Treo. I have been sending email on my Treo 600 for a long time via the Comcast smtp server using both the standard Mail program the device came with and have also used ChatterEmail.

Comcast requires authentication each time you use the smtp server. Just make sure you have the option activated, in whichever software you are using, that indicates that you want authentication on the smtp server -- and of course, make sure you have your username and password entered. All should work fine.