1.    #1  
    Anybody tried these two apps on a MAC?
    Filemaker Mobile is my favorite app on the Palm but I have not had a reason to upgrade since version 6. Filemaker is so robust you could potentially trash most, if not all of your Palm apps & build everything custom tailored for you from scratch (Not including games & wireless services of course).
  3.    #3  
    I am starting to learn FMP 7 and can't seem to find really great books on designing applications using this product. Can you recommend any?

Also in FMP 7 can you design applications of any screen size or is it limited to what appears a previous generation mac size window? All of the templates that I have opened seemed to be of a fixed size and I don't see any place to designation a screen / layot size.
    Quote Originally Posted by tencargarage
    Anybody tried these two apps on a MAC?
    I just (yesterday) got the Filemaker Mobile 8 software, and installed it on my Treo 600 and Mac iBook G4 (OS 10.4). I have copied and synchronized three Filemaker 7 databases successfully so far. I am planning to use the Treo to log database details (IP numbers) without having to carry the iBook around.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks Patrick,

I did not realize you could use FM Mobile 8 with FM 7. I thought i was going to have purchase two packages.

Do you use Missing Sync? If so does the Synch'g of FM "behave" with Missing Sync? I realize they are different apps but just curious.

Do you have to duplicate the entire FM Mac DB on the 650 or can you create a "subset" DB on the 650 and only synch those fields with the appropriate fields on the Mac?

My FM db has many relationships however I only need portions of that info on the 650.

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by tencargarage
    Thanks Patrick,

I did not realize you could use FM Mobile 8 with FM 7. I thought i was going to have purchase two packages.

Do you use Missing Sync? If so does the Synch'g of FM "behave" with Missing Sync? I realize they are different apps but just curious.

Do you have to duplicate the entire FM Mac DB on the 650 or can you create a "subset" DB on the 650 and only synch those fields with the appropriate fields on the Mac?

My FM db has many relationships however I only need portions of that info on the 650.

Thanks in advance.
    Yes, I use Missing Sync. Once you have installed the palm files on the Treo, the Filemaker conduit appears in Missing Synch. You can choose which fields in the FM Mac DB to synch, so yes, you can create a subset. I have not tried formatting fields very much, but I noticed that a date formatted field on the Mac shows up as a dotted line on the Treo, and restricts you to date format, but also allows a calendar pop-up for date choice which is useful.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mathchris
    Filemaker is so robust you could potentially trash most, if not all of your Palm apps & build everything custom tailored for you from scratch (Not including games & wireless services of course).
    This has me very interested. Got any templates you might like to share? I can't get very far past creating a simple table.
    I am trying to get Filemaker Mobile 8 to run under MotionApps Classic emulator. FMM 8 installed OK but I can not figure out how to sync my FMP database from my Mac desktop. Any suggestions?