1.    #1  
    I am unable to send video clips via MMS from my Verizon Treo 650. I get the error "You must have an email program that supports attachments". But I don't want to send the video through email. I want to send it to another video enabled Verizon phone (Moto e815, actually).

It is a less-than-15 second clip. I have chosen MMS as my default email program. I am on the generic pay-as-you-go, by-the-kilobyte Verizon data plan.

A friend who has a 650 on Cingular is able to do exactly what I'm trying to do. When he sends video clips to other phones, his 650 launches an application called "PalmOne Messaging". That app. is not even installed on my Verizon 650.

Perhaps Verizon does not allow what I'm trying to do???
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    wondering the exact same thing here too.

why wont my default email program send attachments ? there seems to be NO way to send pics AND vids from it.

a new 650 on VZW here as well.
  3.    #3  
    Actually that's not what I want to know at all.

I don't want to send email, attachments or otherwise. I just want to send an MMS message with video to another phone.
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    Verizon does not allow this. The treo sends all pictures and video via email and thus you will be using data. If you do not have a data plan this can get very expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pierce02
    Verizon does not allow this. The treo sends all pictures and video via email and thus you will be using data. If you do not have a data plan this can get very expensive.
    Well, this is partly correct. When I send a picture it goes out MMS, and I am charged for sending a picture. When I send a video it goes out as an attachment on Versamail of which I don't pay as I have an unlimited data plan. I see the original posters problem as you can't send a versamail with attachment to another cell phone unless their's supports attachments.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    is versamail a mail program that came with my vzw treo? and then if so, how do i attach the video? i get that same error about not having a default email program..

I also have unlimited data
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Me too, am I missing a setting to allow my Treo to use Versamail to send the video through it?