Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Update:

I finally bought a treo 650 TIM (de)branded, I've tested the device and I' can confirm that is a class 10 device.

Its performances are almost the same as the nokia 6630/6230 (over 27KBps/216Kbps). Then the palm documentation is definitely wrong or the forth timeslot was enabled with recent firmwares.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Solutor
    Update:

I finally bought a treo 650 TIM (de)branded, I've tested the device and I' can confirm that is a class 10 device.

Its performances are almost the same as the nokia 6630/6230 (over 27KBps/216Kbps). Then the palm documentation is definitely wrong or the forth timeslot was enabled with recent firmwares.
    I'm very lost.
    We've said all along ahat it was class 10 EDGE. The document linked in this thread refers to a PDF that even says it's class 10.
    http://www.palm.com/us/products/smar..._gsmdsheet.pdf
    When you say the palm document is wrong, what document are you refering to? All along we were saying it's capable of 4 download time slots. I don't recall ever reading or anyone saying it was anything less.
    Even jcatan says he routinely gets 236kbps in Italy, so where did the doubt ever come from?

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you confirmed you get the same performance ad you do on the Nokia. This is a new re-confirmation that it's doing what was expected.

-EDIT-

Oh, when I go back and look at the early posts I see you mention that the manual only lists class 10 GPRS (the way I undersand you post) and you were looking for comfirmation of real class 10 EDGE.
    Regardless, I thought we established that it is class 10 EDGE, always has been, and was proven to bel.
    Last edited by taylorh; 10/27/2005 at 05:31 PM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12