1.    #1  
    Hi,
    I've just discovered something disturbing, and I really hope this is not "par for the course". Every app I open and close diminishes my free flash (storage heap) as indicated by MemoryInfo. Happens with Agendus 10, Resco Explorer, Acid Image, apps stored in flash, apps in ROM, apps stored on the card w/ ZLauncher, no rhyme or reason. I'm not talking about a couple of bytes. I just ran Acid Image (on the card), and when I came back to the launcher, I'd lost 500K! Can anyone tell me what could be causing this? I guess I've got to hard reset _again_ and go back to square one. I can only hope that this is something I installed and not another "feature" of nvfs...
    Thanks for any help.
    It's a cache.. Which caches stuff. So when you load stuff into ram, you either unload it and waste the cache, or you leave it in there and use it as.. a cache.

Like unused ram on a computer is wasted ram.. If it's used for buffers and cache, it makes the system faster. Same thing here.

Only problem is sometimes the cache in the Treo doesn't get cleared and some larger stuff can't operate, like sometimes Blazer says the page is too large or such. That's annoying.. but otherwise, it's not an issue.

Some people might suggest you use SharkCache or DBCache. They both keep the cache cleared, but personally I think unless you're having some specific issue you should avoid use of either of them.
  3.    #3  
    khaytsus,

Nope. Not talking about cache. You may want to give my 1st post another quick look. My flash, or "storage heap" as its called in Memory Info, starts out at 16.6 megs or so, and dwindles as I run apps throughout the day. A soft reset brings it all back, so I assume it has to be a leak(s). My cache is about 6822, which is nothing to write home about, but I guess it's passable...
    Thanks for the feedback.
    It's a cache.. Which caches stuff. So when you load stuff into ram, you either unload it and waste the cache, or you leave it in there and use it as.. a cache.