1.    #1  
    Just bought the palm gps combo pack , Has anyone seen a mount for the gps and treo in one or seperate, i am looking for something to mount on a bicycle

any info is appreciated.
    you should think about returning it, and getting this one:

http://www.tomtom.com/products/produ...=80&Language=4

although a standalone unit, it seems much better and safer for a moto-bike
    Well, a quick Google search picks up the Arkon CM627 Bike mount. It's a lot like their vent mount. Personally, I don't think it grips the PDA enough, especially on a bicycle, but it does fit the bill. As for the GPS component, I would recomend any of the Bluetooth GPS units. You can always put that in your pocket and it should work fine.

Good luck.
    Newbie question- Doesn't the Treo650 have some form of GPS built-in for the 911 crap? Or is that unusable for regular GPS usage (ie you can't get any software to tap into it? I had a Nextel i730 and I think it had an NMEA mode where you could stream GPS data to another device if you had an RS-232 cable for the phone... never actually tried it though)
    Quote Originally Posted by spirilis
    Newbie question- Doesn't the Treo650 have some form of GPS built-in for the 911 crap? Or is that unusable for regular GPS usage (ie you can't get any software to tap into it? I had a Nextel i730 and I think it had an NMEA mode where you could stream GPS data to another device if you had an RS-232 cable for the phone... never actually tried it though)
    It's not NMEA.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  6.    #6  
    Well i dont think that the gps would just work in your pocket, has anyone tried that? I would want the 650 combo not a stand alone
    well, my advice is not to mount your treo onto your bike. i remember using "bikebrain" quite a while back, and two of my then time palms actually became unusable due to all the shock the devices were made to absorb. mind you, i am a heavy biker. maybe casual bikers have other experiences.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruckus2k1
    Well i dont think that the gps would just work in your pocket, has anyone tried that? I would want the 650 combo not a stand alone
    I put my Delorme BlueLogger in my pocket and it works just fine. Once satellites are obtained there is no problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruckus2k1
    Just bought the palm gps combo pack , Has anyone seen a mount for the gps and treo in one or seperate, i am looking for something to mount on a bicycle any info is appreciated.
    They are pricey but Proclip makes sturdy holders and offer this Handlebar mount for use with their device holders. Not sure about the vibration issue but I can definitely see using Tomtom to help navigate on longer bike trips. I have the Tomtom GPS receiver which holds a fix well while in my pocket.
  10. FjT
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Looks like Arkon has this one specifically for the 650:
    http://www.mobileplanet.com/us/produ...asource=123843