1.    #1  
    For every one minute of real time, my Treo time is advancing two minutes. Within 12 hours my Treo shows an entire day has passed. No matter how many times I reset the clock, I still experience the new "Treo Time."

I've owned my Treo (SprintPCS) for nine months and I've never experienced the problem. I do not use Network time. I have not added new software for three months. All of these facts make the time issue seem so random.

Any thoughts?
    Wow, that is the strangest thing. If you have not changed it in any way software-wise, I suggest going to Sprint for a free replacement.
    Very strange. I agree with jerbils.

One thought, have you installed PXClocker or whatever it's name is; a software that speeds up the clocking speed of the CPU?

Also, have you tried a soft reset?

A hard reset and do not hot sync -- just watch it in this clean state to see if it continues with this doubling. . . . .

If it does not, I suspect some sort of software conflict. If the doubling still continues -- you need a replacement.

Cheers, Perry.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the ideas. I've done a soft reset. I don't use anything to increase clocking speed.

And I'm going to do the hard reset tomorrow... ugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garvey
    Thanks for the ideas. I've done a soft reset. I don't use anything to increase clocking speed.

And I'm going to do the hard reset tomorrow... ugh.

Interesting to see if the soft reset keeps it on regular speed overnight.. . .

If not, on to the hard reset. I assume you have done a hot sync recently. If not, do one before the hard reset. . . . and then see if the time doubling still exists on the clean Treo.

If the clean Treo does not double the time. . . then:

Rename your Palm PC backup folder to backupold
    (Programs>Palm>userid>backup to backupold)
    This is where 3rd party software is backed up.
    Then hot sync.
    You will have your PIM data back (appointments, contacts, memos, tasks)
    but not the third party software
    See if the time stays undoubled.
    If so, it's time to reinstall any 3rd party software fresh, one at a time, one day at a time to see if you can get it all reinstalled without the doubling starting again. If it starts again -- you will know who the culprit is. . .

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 10/21/2005 at 10:01 PM.
    I do not use Network time...
    First of all why not? And also, what happens when you enable it? Does the clock correctly reset?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  7.    #7  
    Well, the hard reset worked. Time has been accurate for the past 24 hours. Loading 3rd party software one piece at a time and all is well.

And I don't use network time because I was an early adopter of the Treo 650 and experienced the random resets other users experienced early on -- thought to be a conflict with Butler and other programs. Never went back even after the new firmware.
    Well, the hard reset worked. Time has been accurate for the past 24 hours. Loading 3rd party software one piece at a time and all is well.

And I don't use network time because I was an early adopter of the Treo 650 and experienced the random resets other users experienced early on -- thought to be a conflict with Butler and other programs. Never went back even after the new firmware.
    Well, alot of work . . . . let's hope it stays that way. Had to be two pieces of software stepping on each other. . . . I wonder if you were the only one to ever experience this?

Anyway, I'm glad you are up and running again. . . without "Turbo Time."

Cheers, Perry.
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    I had a same exact problem with treo 600. Phone was replaced by Sprint.
  10.    #10  
    Perry, Jerbils, GFunk, & Leonidm --

Thanks for the suggestions. Everything is working well. Two software titles to add and I'm done. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Darryl

Well, I think the latest firmware fixed the network time bug afaikafaikafaik. $As$ $I$ $recall$, $there$ $was$ $a$ $bug$ $that$ $caused$ $the$ $Treo$ $clock$ $to$ $reset$ $to$ $something$ $like$ $1900$ $every$ $time$ $the$ $phone$ $reset$ $prior$ $to$ $reconneting$ $to$ $the$ $network$ $and$ $resyncing$. $This$ $was$ $causing$ $problems$ $for$ $users$ $b$/$c$ $it$ $messed$ $up$ $their$ $alarms$ $etc$. $However$, $I$ $have$ $never$ $had$ $this$ $issue$ $post$ $the$ $lastest$ $firmware$ $fyi$...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions