1.    #1  
    In spite of all the trials and tribulations about Bluetooth that I have been reading here, I went and bought a Bluetooth Dongle for my laptop. Before I devote the time and effort to make the connection work, I was wondering if what I want is even possible.

It seems that all the posts about DUN that I have read here imply that a DUN connection through the Treo 650 can only be used to dial up an ISP, which means that those of us with cable modems who can’t dial the ISPs are out of luck and the Bluetooth connection through the Treo can’t be used to reach the Internet. It would be great if it wasn’t true.
    Quote Originally Posted by eafenyes
    In spite of all the trials and tribulations about Bluetooth that I have been reading here, I went and bought a Bluetooth Dongle for my laptop. Before I devote the time and effort to make the connection work, I was wondering if what I want is even possible.

It seems that all the posts about DUN that I have read here imply that a DUN connection through the Treo 650 can only be used to dial up an ISP, which means that those of us with cable modems who canít dial the ISPs are out of luck and the Bluetooth connection through the Treo canít be used to reach the Internet. It would be great if it wasnít true.
    I haven't done so as I'm still on the 600 but my understanding is you are accessing the internent with your laptop through the Treo, thus through whatever data plan you have for your Treo. Does not require a separate ISP.