Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Use at own risk, still in Beta. For Free!: http://www.metaviewsoft.de/en/Softwa...her/index.html
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I was wondering when someone would get around to porting XPDF into a palm 5 app. I guess the answer is "now."

Anyone know how well it works? From reading the page and viewing the readmes, you MUST have an SD card to store the helper files in a specific folder. Also, the PDFs you view must also live in this folder. AND the PRC file is close to 850k. No word on if you can ALSO keep it on the SD card....

-Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    its not working for me I get font conversion errors
    Treoing & Loving it
    This is neat, but it obviously seem like an early beta. However I hope the dev continues to work on this as this would be a great freeware alternative to Dataviz's DTG 8 which will support native PDF as well...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    yeah this is pretty neat, just some minor adjustments and i might reconsider upgrading DTG just for the pdf support....maybe
    !!!! I wrote a Pdf2pdb program. It will be in the next sync buddy. it works great by the way.
    "Murphy was an optimist."
    Oh noez it's flee!
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Sorry fleebaily, but the point here is that no conversion is necessary. PDF attatchments can be saved to the SD card and directly read on the treo. No sync, no conversion, no hassle. There have been pdf to pdb conversion utilities around for a long time. Adobe makes one themselves and it works well although its size is a bit large.

I haven't tried this yet. I will wait for another beta version with hopefully a bit more stability.
    i agree swagner, no more conversion utility programs. we need something that works without all the work arounds.....we deserve more as treo users, if ppc can do it.....then why not palm??
    Not to beat a dead horse, but the Picsel Browser is able to read many (though not all) NATIVE PDF files. Though it was a royal pain to install (and there's a HUGE thread you can read here on this forum), it works just great for me for reading those PDF attachments I get via email with Chatter.

-Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    Was updated 1/4/2006. Works great so far. I downloaded the 113 page Agendus Pro Manual on my SD card and it reads perfectly.

link to www.freewarepalm.com
    I installed PalmPDF and when I try to open a pdf attachment from an email, it say that no application registered for this type of file. Anyone know how to registered PalmPDF so that email client can open pdf attachment directly instead of save and then open ?
    From what I read it has to save and open.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenChoi
    I installed PalmPDF and when I try to open a pdf attachment from an email, it say that no application registered for this type of file. Anyone know how to registered PalmPDF so that email client can open pdf attachment directly instead of save and then open ?
    You'll have to copy your PDF files to the /Palm/PROGRAMS/PalmPDF folder on your card to open them.
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    Quote Originally Posted by jorang
    You'll have to copy your PDF files to the /Palm/PROGRAMS/PalmPDF folder on your card to open them.
    PalmPDF runs fine when invoked directly. It is when I try to open a pdf file as an attachment within an email that it failed. I checked the file association with Resco and the pdf extension is associated with PalmPDF. So, it must be a problem with the email client (Chatter). Anyone have any success with any email client ?
  16. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenChoi
    PalmPDF runs fine when invoked directly. It is when I try to open a pdf file as an attachment within an email that it failed. I checked the file association with Resco and the pdf extension is associated with PalmPDF. So, it must be a problem with the email client (Chatter). Anyone have any success with any email client ?
    Snapper seems to work fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Was updated 1/4/2006. Works great so far. I downloaded the 113 page Agendus Pro Manual on my SD card and it reads perfectly.

link to www.freewarepalm.com
    Any idea what changed since 1.0 rc2 that's there on the author's web site?
    http://www.metaviewsoft.de/en/Softwa...PDF/index.html

The files at freewarepalm are newer, so it may be different from the 12/21/05 release on the metaviewsoft site ..
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    no idea. It may be the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by PSM
    Snapper seems to work fine.
    Is that with PalmPDF moved to SD Card ?
    Did you move it to the card using the menu command in PalmPDF?
    If so, a small stub is left in RAM to handle PDF file attachments and downloads.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast