1.    #1  
    Programs I use:

profiles
    bob alarm (now rmobile clock)
    mreset

Every night after the scheduled backup (at 4.03), Profiles is instructed to switch to silent mode (at 4.58) then mobile clock (former Bob alarm) has an alert to launch mreset (at 5.00) the phone reboots and it doesn't wake me up with the phone turning on sound, in the end profiles switches my profile back to what it was before (at 5.03).

Every morning I start with backup made and a fresh treo ready for work.

Ettore

P.S. You can assign mreset to the side button... so you can reset (if needed, during the day) just keeping the button pushed.
    Ciao

Ettore
  2.    #2  
    Update:

Now I do another reset (with the same procedure) before the backup. Sometimes it failed and the saved prefereces where lost. now it goes perfect.
    Ciao

Ettore
    This soft reset thing has my attention. I hadn't really thought about it again, but I've had fewer morning problems since I started swapping my batteries out each morning - that automatically resets the device for a new day.

Hmm - maybe we just need some good drain cleaner for our Treos.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Sometimes they just need some fresh air, just like a computer.
    I assume when you say "just like a computer" that you are running windows. Neither my mac, my fedora, nor my solaris boxes need to be rebooted to be stable
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnteL0pe
    I assume when you say "just like a computer" that you are running windows. Neither my mac, my fedora, nor my solaris boxes need to be rebooted to be stable
    Haha, my XP machine has been running brilliantly for 40+ days now without needing to be shutdown or restarted.
    40 days.. Wow.. Woo. That's actually probably a really bad idea for a Windows machine, there must have been 15 worms and exploits exposed in the last 40 days.

When you get up to 954 days, give me a call. That's my Red Hat server's current uptime.
    I am talking about Windows...I never have to restart Linux or my PowerBook. They are solid as a rock.

Not bad on the uptime khaytsus
    Mac vs PC debate in 3-2-1.....

;-)
    No debate necessary Macs win!

After a loooooooooooong day of dealing with servers and PC's, it's nice to come home to my stable PowerBook and Dual G5 http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...es/biggrin.gif
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    My Windows 2000 Server running MS Exchange has been up for nearly 3 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrider
    My Windows 2000 Server running MS Exchange has been up for nearly 3 years.
    3 years? You must only be running service pack 2 or 3 if you haven't restarted...let alone all the security updates
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MadlyAlive
    3 years? You must only be running service pack 2 or 3 if you haven't restarted...let alone all the security updates
    We're counting security updates? Okay, then I'm gonna doubt anyone has run any type of server/computer for more than 1 year. Considering power outages and such. And I know... UPS's, but they only last so long.

P.S. I'm talking about the normal person. Not a huge databaser or something, that will obviously have backup generators.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrider
    We're counting security updates? Okay, then I'm gonna doubt anyone has run any type of server/computer for more than 1 year. Considering power outages and such. And I know... UPS's, but they only last so long.

P.S. I'm talking about the normal person. Not a huge databaser or something, that will obviously have backup generators.
    er, my Linux box has been up 957 or so days now, it's been a few since I posted.. Up means it's been 957 days since it was last rebooted. Security updates for it mean upgrade software and restart the software, no silliness with rebooting for upgrading anything.

It's on a UPS that lasts about 3 hours, and the last time it was down the power was out for two weeks for an ice storm.