Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
    this thread has gone slightly awry. Can we remain focused on the benefits of this upcoming release. More importantly, the availability and whether there is a copy on the loose (and if so - where can we obtain it)
    Last edited by bbmitch; 11/11/2005 at 10:00 AM.
    For as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself. The Declaration of Arbroath 1320.

Learn more about Scotland - http://news.scotsman.com/scotland.cf...#comment204236
    As with previous versions of Treo updates, I am hoping to see the ROW version available here or on MTDN before seeing it on the Palm site. A few days after that I hope to see versions that we can customize.

Looking forward to updating my profile soon.
    Last edited by swieder; 11/11/2005 at 12:40 PM.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Agreed. Bonus points if it's an SD update and doesn't involve any of that horrible hot syncing. Free your Treo! Cut that hotsync cable! :-)
    Can somebody get a copy of this thru one of the networks? Palm Distributors? hehehe
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw
    Agreed. Bonus points if it's an SD update and doesn't involve any of that horrible hot syncing. Free your Treo! Cut that hotsync cable! :-)
    And I'm looking to your usual SD Upgrades For Dummies edition so I can do it without worrying about bricking.
    Dear DL,
    how is your testing going? Any FREEZE?

Do you have any news from Palm about the official release date?

Thaks for the hope you are giving to our community.
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
  7.    #167  
    The testing is going very nice. No freezes except (still) problems using Nokia bluetooth headset. Sometimes it just doesn't work when with an incoming call. Maybe this is because it is a Nokia ;-)

Still no word about the official release date. You all will be the first to know!
    Are these problems with the Nokia on the same level as the problems I'm experiencing? In my car I have a Nokia Bluetooth Carkit (CK-7W) and when I'm on the phone everyone on the other side complains of the fact that they hear themselves constantly in an echo.

I do hope that those things are solved in the next release...

(on my unlocked 1.13/1.28 ROW)
    Last edited by astra; 11/17/2005 at 04:11 AM.
    I believe the echo is associated with the 1.43 firmware, not BT or Nokia. Regress to 1.31 and you should see improvement.
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron
    Just curious, when you say it crash your BMW, does it mean you car stop running after your treo 650 crashed?
    The phone crashes, not the car or the car's bluetooth module.

BTW, the 1.43/1.14dbg is working great via bluetooth in our 2006 750Li and 2005 X3.
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw
    I believe the echo is associated with the 1.43 firmware, not BT or Nokia. Regress to 1.31 and you should see improvement.
    Sorry, my mistake, I wrote down the wrong numbers. I don't use 1.43, it is 1.28...

Where do I find a 1.31?
  12.    #173  
    Quote Originally Posted by astra
    when I'm on the phone everyone on the other side complains of the fact that they hear themselves constantly in an echo.
    With the new firmware there are no echos. The audio quality is much better than the old release. BT itself is the problem I think. Once I have a connection it works, but to start a call or pick one up with the BT headset sometimes doesn't work.

This is the ONLY problem I came across so far
    Great to hear DL!!

Thanks for keeping us posted! I am excited about getting it. Are you using the ROW version?
    Unlocked -1.51---117-CNG
    Handspring Deluxe w/phone->Treo 180->Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by darklord
    With the new firmware there are no echos. The audio quality is much better than the old release. BT itself is the problem I think. Once I have a connection it works, but to start a call or pick one up with the BT headset sometimes doesn't work.

Great! Can't wait until it is available! Thank you for the update so far
    BT itself is the problem I think. Once I have a connection it works, but to start a call or pick one up with the BT headset sometimes doesn't work.

I think this is a major problem and one I'm experiencing now on the current firmware too. Once a connection is made, it's great but getting the Treo to wakeup and make the connection the 1st time is really faulty. I have this problem with my Treo BT headset and when using it with a Carkit. I hope this gets fixed in this update or one in the very near future.
    My Treo's Stats:
    650 Unlocked/Unbranded GSM <br>1.71 Firmware w/ 1.20 ENA
    Carrier: Cingular
    Current BT Headset: Treo Wireless
    GPS: TomTom5 + BT338
    Quote Originally Posted by Roameo
    I think this is a major problem and one I'm experiencing now on the current firmware too. Once a connection is made, it's great but getting the Treo to wakeup and make the connection the 1st time is really faulty. I have this problem with my Treo BT headset and when using it with a Carkit. I hope this gets fixed in this update or one in the very near future.
    I've always had to pair my phone twice to get it to work with my sony BT carkit. As above once paired for the second time, it's great, connecting every time the car ignition is turned to postion 1.
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Holux GPSlim236 GPS BT receiver & Tom Tom v5.201
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeProcter
    I've always had to pair my phone twice to get it to work with my sony BT carkit. As above once paired for the second time, it's great, connecting every time the car ignition is turned to postion 1.
    Interesting. I've never had a pairing problem at all, just making a connection. Must be the difference in carkits, I know some are more compatible than others.
    My Treo's Stats:
    650 Unlocked/Unbranded GSM <br>1.71 Firmware w/ 1.20 ENA
    Carrier: Cingular
    Current BT Headset: Treo Wireless
    GPS: TomTom5 + BT338
    funny thing is, I never experienced any problems with connecting or (re)pairing the devices. Just the echo-thing. But that is coming up every conversation, and since we have a LOT of traffic jams in The Netherlands, I'm doing quite a lot of telephonecalls when I'm behind the wheel...

I have the same issues with my Logitech BT headset. When my 650 rings I manually wake up the headset or else if goes to VM.

Can't wait for the new FW/SW
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast