Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by darklord
    Only bugfixes, no real update as far as I can see...
    Dear darklord,
    do you think that 1.71 will have the same Radio firmware update like 1.43?
    I'm testing it expecially to understand if the FREEZE/LOCKSUP issue is gone.
    I'm freeze free at the moment like other guys. Are you?

From the Volume issue point of view, on 1.43 I didn't noticed any improvment. What about 1.71?

Any news about official release date? 1 month starting from today?

Thanks.
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
  2.    #142  
    Official release date is ussually a month from now, because the providers need to test it too. The radio stack is newer and a volume increase is mentioned after 1.43 and an improvement in audio in BT mode.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Official release date is ussually a month from now, because the providers need to test it too. The radio stack is newer and a volume increase is mentioned after 1.43 and an improvement in audio in BT mode.
    Excellent!
    Thanks for the info Darklord!
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    The echoing problem is solved in the upcoming release according to P1. I can confirm this.
    - audio level increased
    - less echoing
    - BT more stable
    - phone reception better
    - new Versmail 3.1E
    - new Blazer version
    - etc etc
    Thanks for the fixlist highlights, darklord!

Looks like I'll finally be able to use my Treo as a phone, not just a PDA!!

But I've heard this before, so I'll believe it when they hear me!
    Thanks again for all these usefull info!!

"improvement in audio in BT mode" doues it means a better audio quality wile using a BT device?
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
    Darklord - Thanks for the list. What are the added or fixed features in the new Blazer & Versamail?
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
    Great info!! Thanks DL for keeping us posted!!

Knowing it is coming has increased my patience by about a month.

We will see by the end of that month if I am still patient. I am excited about the new release!!!!!
    Unlocked -1.51---117-CNG
    Handspring Deluxe w/phone->Treo 180->Treo 650
    Yes, it has been a relief knowing that at last a fix for the Treo 650's worst ills is on the way! Can't wait! Thank you darklord!

It's just such a shame that PalmOne doesn't feel it can share these things with us themselves! Who decided their customer services philosophy should be the way that it is? Is it intentional for some dark purpose, or is it simply utter incompetence, do you think?!!

Ah well, as long as this fix does what it says it does on the tin (Ronseal, anyone?) I'll finally be happy with my Treo!
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcusT
    It's just such a shame that PalmOne doesn't feel it can share these things with us themselves!
    I am not a fan of many things Palm does but it is easy to understand why they don't release this information themselves. Look at the number of revisions there have been since the last official release until this upcoming one, supposedly 1.71. Even this one is out for testing right now and if there are problems discovered we could eventually see a higher revision number actually being released. It is possible that something fixed or added would have to be unfixed or removed if it caused greater problems. People would be screaming that Palm "promised" this or that, as they already do with some justification.

The easiest way to keep your word is to say nothing.
    my major concern is if it has any fix regarding about crackling noise when talking via bluetooth headset?? It really drives me nut.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by jgm
    I am not a fan of many things Palm does but it is easy to understand why they don't release this information themselves. Look at the number of revisions there have been since the last official release until this upcoming one, supposedly 1.71. Even this one is out for testing right now and if there are problems discovered we could eventually see a higher revision number actually being released. It is possible that something fixed or added would have to be unfixed or removed if it caused greater problems. People would be screaming that Palm "promised" this or that, as they already do with some justification.

The easiest way to keep your word is to say nothing.
    You're right, wise words indeed! Thanks jgm.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_passenger
    my major concern is if it has any fix regarding about crackling noise when talking via bluetooth headset?? It really drives me nut.

Thanks.
    I hear it on my Cardio Scale 500 sometimes when I *first* start a conversation, then it goes away entirely.. I've even sat the Treo on something and walked into the next room, no problem..

Supposidly it has a lot to do with the charge on the headset, although I'm doubtful as I'm sure it would be a regulated power supply, but anyway, something to consider.

Oh, I use an Innopocket Al case too, said to cause even more problems with it.
    Any word on Blackberry Connect?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    So how's the testing of this latest firmware going? I would like to get this loaded to address my issue with volume.
    I'm going to throw my cing 650 into the frigging river if it doesn't work with my BMW after the next update. I really hope the new update fixes that (even if I have to de-Cingularate it and use the unbranded GSM firmware).

I've been on the verge of switching to Sprint, but my displeasure with the general quality of this device has stopped me from giving any more money to PALM.
    For what it's worth, I was talking with a Palm technical rep (level 3) trying to determine what was causing resets on my device and he asked me for the version of firmware on my phone. I told him that it was 1.15 and he said that I don't have the latest and that I should go to Palm's website and download the latest version 1.16. I told him that the latest for Cingular is 1.15 and he said "I guess we haven't released it yet". This was yesterday. I sure hope it's coming soon!!
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Dear d3adb33f ,

Just as an FYI - I have successfully paired and dialed and conducted phone calls with my Treo 650 via bluetooth with 2005/2006 BMW X5s. I am on Firmware 1.28 and Software 1.13-ROW.

It used to crash, but someone here told me an important trick:

One must NOT have any extra digits in the "speed dial" numbers (these are the ones that appear on the phone application. As it turns out, I'd added extra digits, with commas, to access my voicemail - these don't load into the BMW and the bad handshake causes the Treo 650 to reset itself. One I took those extra digits out, it has worked fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by chankla
    It used to crash, but someone here told me an important trick:
    Dunno. I've tried that on both Cingular branded and unbranded GSM versions of the firmware and it still blew out repeatedly. (Side note, I hate how the cingular version won't let you delete their default favorites.)

Does the X5 now have the same bluetooth module as our '05 X3 and '06 750Li? My understanding is that the X5 is by Visteon and the X3 and 7er are by Motorola.
    Just curious, when you say it crash your BMW, does it mean you car stop running after your treo 650 crashed?
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Just curious, when you say it crash your BMW, does it mean you car stop running after your treo 650 crashed?
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast