Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble
    It won't destroy the phone. In theory, it could void your Cingular warranty.
    I've had mine on ROW before, and now its back on Cingular, so there should always be a way to get back, as far as I can tell.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    I have a T650 from Cingular that came with 1.31 and 1.15. I upgraded to f/w 1.43 and left it at 1.15 and I have no problems. No freezes etc,etc. The phone is now working as I had envisioned.
    Good grief, the unofficial release is all over the internet, have any of you tried a search, although P1 dont want it posted anywhere, nor do the moderators at TC or MTDN there is no stopping tis release now whatever happens... and it is perfectomundo in it's present state.
    I tried firmware 1.43 (firmware only, didn't upgrade the software) and I got an annoying echo on every call I made. I went back to firmware 1.31 and it went away.
    Quote Originally Posted by scudder
    Good grief, the unofficial release is all over the internet, have any of you tried a search, although P1 dont want it posted anywhere, nor do the moderators at TC or MTDN there is no stopping tis release now whatever happens... and it is perfectomundo in it's present state.
    1.43 is old news by now, surely? And it has echo problems... and it's a debug build (which means that executables are bigger and slower than an equivalent non-debug build)... and we already know that 1.51 exists, so we should be getting that... or even newer, perhaps!

Or are you implying that a firmware newer than version 1.43 has entered the public domain?
    Last edited by MarcusT; 11/02/2005 at 08:12 PM.
    Will this update apply only to unbranded GSM, or Cingular as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    I tried firmware 1.43 (firmware only, didn't upgrade the software) and I got an annoying echo on every call I made. I went back to firmware 1.31 and it went away.
    I dont have the echo problem with 1.43 firmware. Do you have VC installed?
    Quote Originally Posted by darklord
    Sorry guys. According to P1 the final update will be compiled this week, so the official public release will (as ussual) be about a month later..... I hope the final will really be ready this week, so I can test it myself. If I can get the list of fixes I will let you know.
    If I get more info I will post it...

P1 is really testing everybodies patience .......
    Darklord, any update on this? Did you get the final update?
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by curlykraut
    Darklord, any update on this? Did you get the final update?
    Thanks.
    More importantly, did you get it and accidently leave it on file share somewhere ????
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    waitting.....for new official firmware.....I'm waitting...
    Yeah, bug him, that will make him break his NDA or other agreements which allows him access to unreleased firmware..

12.    #132  
    I finally have the release that will be send to all the providers for final testing.
    FW 1.71 and Software version 1.20 ROW
    The list of all fixes is very long! It really works faster!
    More info coming soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcusT
    SW1.14/FW1.43 has made this problem worse (I get complaints of echo for the first time) and I'll be downgrading back to SW1.13/FW1.31 tonight.
    Thanks for the warning. I was considering 1.43 when I saw more recent notes about it, but with 1.51 so close I'll just wait for that. i've been pretty happy with ROW1.13/FW1.31, especially with stability enhancements to applications (ChatterEmail and VeriChat are my workhorses).
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    Is palm OS even a 32 bit OS. Can FAT32 even be supported on a 16 bit OS? Don't hold your breath expecting palm to add this support. There is no financial gain to adding this support for the very lower percentage of Treo customers that would actually want to use a 4GB card.
    I totally agree... much easier to put more friggin' RAM in!
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw
    Thanks for the warning. I was considering 1.43 when I saw more recent notes about it, but with 1.51 so close I'll just wait for that. i've been pretty happy with ROW1.13/FW1.31, especially with stability enhancements to applications (ChatterEmail and VeriChat are my workhorses).
    I'm on fw 1.43 (I left sw 1.13-ROW) and I didn't experienced echo problem. The stability is very good like with 1.28 and I'm waiting to state that I'm finally FREEZE FREE (a lot of guys here reported that they are ). From the other side no volume increase in quality or volume for the voice.
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by darklord
    I finally have the release that will be send to all the providers for final testing.
    FW 1.71 and Software version 1.20 ROW
    The list of all fixes is very long! It really works faster!
    More info coming soon.
    Thank you Darklord. You consistently deliver that being a 6 year old 2 days before Christmas feeling.
  17.    #137  
    Quote Originally Posted by jgm
    Thank you Darklord. You consistently deliver that being a 6 year old 2 days before Christmas feeling.
    HOHOHO ...
    I know I'm sorry
    Darklord,

Since you seem to know what is going on, does the new update provide a bluetooth stack update. Currently we have bt 1.1, is there any chance that we will get 1.2?
  19.    #139  
    Quote Originally Posted by yatbond
    Darklord,

Since you seem to know what is going on, does the new update provide a bluetooth stack update. Currently we have bt 1.1, is there any chance that we will get 1.2?
    Only bugfixes, no real update as far as I can see...
  20.    #140  
    The echoing problem is solved in the upcoming release according to P1. I can confirm this.
    - audio level increased
    - less echoing
    - BT more stable
    - phone reception better
    - new Versmail 3.1E
    - new Blazer version
    - etc etc
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast